Chapter 18

Previously on Torie's POV

.

.

.

"The garden's flower's scents are so strong that they repel any changeling that comes near it. My father hated this place but couldn't bare to tear it down since both him and our mother my sister and I's mother that is would always visit this place she couldn't smell anything so my father endured it for her sake. I come here because like my mother I can't smell any of the flowers and its the only amount of sanity that I get at the forsaken place." He said which surprised to no end.

"What do you mean? Aren't you the king? Can't you do anything that you want?" I ask him as he looks at me and looks almost curious.

"If you think that then you really don't know the politics then." he said leaving me with that note.

"How is that I know how clans work-" but this ass hole cuts me off.

"Exactly that's how clans work but for kingdoms such as mine we require the approval of other dukes and lords of lands in our sovereign territory to agree with the King's notion." he said explaining it and not that he mentions it, it sounds easier said than done. "Ugh why did life so hard this way?" I thought in my head as he sees me off with guards since he had other kingly duties to discuss and deal with.

La'jar's POV

It had taken longer than expected to reach the universal council since the time frame on head councilman Nucleos's planet timeline went by much slower than all the rest of the planets. It had been a whole month until we had made it back to the universal Council with the head councilman Nucleos I could see sorrowful looks on everyone's faces but determined as well. I went to Nicole's side since she seemed to be at a loss for words for some reason and me always being protective of her, especially when she's pregnant with our pups like this, I can see her stressing too much for her own sake. I heard from our medics that it is not only bad for the pups but also bad for the mother as well to not stress so much especially if she is carrying many many pups.

"Nicole are you alright? What is wrong?" I asked her as she came out and seemed to be in a daze.

"La'jar please promise me you won't leave even if I keep pushing you away please don't leave me." she whispered as I decided to carry her in my arms and purred as I nuzzled her head our pups continued to surround Nucleos asking many questions I smiled at the thought as I could see five more running around asking their mother and I what and how everything came to be. Paya forbid that they ask where pups come from since I really don't want to have that conversation with them especially with my female pups I'll leave that for Nicole to deal with while I explain to the males about the other things.

"Of course my love I would never dream of it," I say as I hold her closer and now as our pups notice me carrying their mother they run towards us.

"Mother! Mama! Mommy! Awe wou ok? Awe wou tiwed?" asked all of our pups as they surround both Nicole and I with concern for their mother. Our three youngest one year olds Magnar, Zion and Tijuana are being carried by the Ancients while our other pups are walking alongside us.

"I'll be ok my little ones I'm just a bit exhausted is all," Nicole said to our pups as many of them stayed close to us as a means to protect their future younger siblings and their mother from any danger. "Our three oldest males were most certainly doing their job as they formed the front while Neveah and Estrella covered the back. I almost wanted to chuckle at the formation they had formed. C'jit even Sapharinna and her twin Emeraldella covered the sides but they just wanted to me near their mother. I had Nicole rest since she wasn't right even when we had all left to face the Nucleos's solar system and planet. Our children wanted to rest with their mother since they too were feeling tiresome all of them surrounded Nicole from her head all to way to her feet. Of course the females were taking up the majority of the space but the males found a spot where they could be comfortable so none the pups were complaining and I know I had no complaints as the ancients rested our smallest little ones in a their cribs next to our bed. All of our pups were getting comfortable as they cuddled closer to their mother, my mate, and I still couldn't even get over it to this day that at how lucky I was to not only have a wonderful mate but amazing pups as well." I thought in my head as as I was about to leave.