Chapter 3

Torie's POV

*Later on*

I woke up in a soft bed with with a pounding headache as I tried to get up my head hurt to much and I felt something small but yet warm curled up on my chest as I felt something furry rub against my nose and cause me to sneeze making the little thing on my chest fall off.

"Hrmm. wha..?" I say as I rest on my elbows and find the little cub I found barely waking up and yawning and sneezing as well. I chuckled at the sight as Fang was on the right side of my bed barely waking up himself as he did his cat stretching. His armor was put away I'm guessing since he had none on and the little cub was trying hard to doze off once again, I tried to sit up but my head was pounding and making hard to do so. I finally was able to sit up on my bed and use my bedpost as wall to lean on, and stop myself from tipping over. On my nightstand that is next to me on my left I see pill and cup filled with water ready for me to take with a note next to it.

This is Torie's new room:

"You know, Torie, you gave us all a scare," said my Cousin Nicole as she stepped away from the desk while filing her nails and looking rather uninterested

"You know, Torie, you gave us all a scare," said my Cousin Nicole as she stepped away from the desk while filing her nails and looking rather uninterested. The desk was placed in my room when she was teaching me how to read and write and still despite my refusal she still wants me to have as much knowledge my poor little brain could acquire.

"Colie how did I get here?" I asked her as I hold my head groaning at the amount of pain my head was in.

"First take this it will take away you headache you have, and then we can talk on a more ground level conversation about your punishment about keeping the cub from La'jar." He is not very happy with you lying to him Torie and neither am I about the subject." said Nicole in a stern tone as she hands me the pill and water for me to drink I didn't like to take medicine and she knows that I don't either but my head was seriously hurting that I didn't even feel the pill go down my throat.

"Ugh, my head still hurts," I complain but this time Nicole smacks the top of my head.

"Get over it! What the hell were you thinking Torie honestly have I never taught how to be honest, my god Torie La'jar told me how he was so close to disciplining you himself because you said that you understood why he was angry but you didn't agree with his logic. Torie what if there was another member of that pack that had the cub and they weren't a juvenile what if they were a full grown female like the Alpha female and came up right behind you and attacked you to protect their cub!" shouted Colie but now I'm not only angry because she hit me and my poor pounding head but that she didn't understand my logic.

"Why are you taking his side the rest of the pack were juveniles and no other full grown adults were near the area or them! Would you have preferred that I leave the cub there to defend for itself it's a ba-" but she cuts me off with a hard glare and voice full of authority.

"And you would rather take the chance with your own life to find out if the cub had adults to fend for IT!? Torie I raised you better than that! You should always ask before do anything! You know as well as I do how we all handled it when I couldn't be with you during the time you all thought I was dead! How would you feel if I felt the exact same way you did when you thought I was dead, I would be blaming myself for your loss." Nicole said trying to reason with me.