Chapter 15

Previously on Nicole's POV

.

.

.

"Thank you Ancient Alís-ōfō, as for you 'La'jar', let this be a lesson to handle situations before they happen I don't want our children growing resenting each other got it?" I say as he nods his head dumbfounded as the Ancients watch me leave but not before I hear them talk amongst themselves.

"Never underestimate females La'jar they are sneaky creatures," said Ancient Umberion.

"You got that right!" I yell out as I turn to see their shocked that I could hear them from so far away.

"You heard that?!" said Ancient Umberion.

"And you best believe how well my hearing really is now," I say as I leave them on that note perplexed with me.

Torie's POV

"AAAHH!" I yell out as I behead my 144th victim this month it's been brutal these battles that I have to face after each battle I prayed that they all found piece no matter the religion and they were with their ancestors no longer worrying about the hardships that they had to endure. On many of the days I would face 3-5 battles a week it was hard but I wasn't about to show this king that I was going to back down no matter how many I faced and the more battles I won the greater my rewards were. For starters I was provided with better food from even more patrons that wanted to thank me for winning my matches I never took it but gave to other slave and prisoners as a way to gain their trust and respect. I never ate the sweet food myself and just stuck with the food that had been given to me from the beginning. Since everyone was being served it, it would be less likely of me to not be poisoned if the food was passed out to everyone else at the same portions and time.

"Hey Torie great battle today no?" said one of the prisoners trying to win my favor or you know get me to sign with their patreon to get more goods but there is no way that I'm falling for what he has to say.

This is the Brute:

"What do you want you Brute?" I say not at all interested with what he has to say since I want nothing to do with him and his group of ruffians

"What do you want you Brute?" I say not at all interested with what he has to say since I want nothing to do with him and his group of ruffians. I could see the irritation in his eyes as his patients was slowly losing control and not wanting to be here anymore than he has to.

"Nothing of real importance except for maybe offering you a reward that you can't refuse dear Torie," he said daring to sit next to me as I ate my odd slop.

"Don't care, now leave me be," I said as I continued to eat not even looking at the Brute and his female entourage there were three of them with him all smirking and giving me confident looks while giving him sultry looks. "Ugh like really ladies I know you all could do so much better than this ass hole." I thought in my head not paying attention to any of them.