Chapter 20

Previously on Torie's POV

.

.

.

"You got spunk dear Torie, he he I like it, you really do intrigue me Torie, now I see why my father always loved you kinds females, they have a spirit as strong as our warriors probably even more so since you are proving just that. Yet I also wonder one thing about your races females though something that I have yet to encounter." he said as he stands at his full height while I sit on my hammock watching him move and despising everything about him.

"How long will your resolve last? How long until you can't take it anymore? How far are you really willing to go for your freedom? How far are you willing to go to get what you want most?" he said in a sinister tone.

"Remember this torie get through the first 100 battles and then you won't have a partner anymore, but remember this you won't have any allies either." he said with a sinister smile while I glare at him and cock my head to the side and look at him.

"And what will you do if I finish our part of the deal Bastard? Are you really willingly to let me go? Will you want to recapture me yet again after I win? Or do you plan to kill me once I'm away from you?" I counter at him as his smile fades into a wide evil grin.

"In truth I hope you do win I really do, I'd like to make you mine, and for every creature to know what a powerful queen I have." He said as I stared at him in disgust.

"I will never be yours and you know it." I say as he smirks at me.

"We'll see love," he said as he winks at me and smiles as he leaves me on my hammock takes off to somewhere else.

Nicole's POV

I was resting with the children since carrying so many little ones has worn me out a lot lately and dealing with 10 other children isn't exactly the easiest thing ever either. After all if La'jar wasn't here my job would be tremendously harder I just wish the first child I cared for was here in my arms. I kept thinking about Torie of course I had Neveah but Torie always an Ora that made a whole room feel welcomed and I miss that in my little Torie.

"Mmmhh... *snores*" go my children as the seven oldest are scattered all over the bed I chuckled at some of their positions and smiled as they were little devilish angels. But then I noticed that La'jar wasn't in the room and that started to get me worried as I started to panic and wonder where he went. That is until I see him walking the room sigh relief filling my being as he moves some of our children that are still sleeping and looks exhausted and... "*gasp* is he bleeding?" I thought in my head as I saw his injured arm.

"La'jar where did you go to get an injury like that?" I asked him in a hushed voice as he grunts this is a sign of him not wanting to talk about it. I then got up and went to the other side to face him he looked at me but seemed be in a pissy mood, but I new he was frustrated and didn't want to add more to fire. So I bent now in front of his face and and cupped both sides of his face so he look at my concerned one.

"La'jar... please don't leave me in the dark," I say as he sighs sits up right has his legs hang on the side of the bed he was on and motion for me to sit next to him.

"My Lou'dte kale, I... I did something foolish, I wi- I wish I could protect our family better but I couldn't protect Torie the way I had promised you. I couldn't even stop the changeling impostoring one of the councilman from touching Neveah. I couldn't even end the impostors life, and hang his head as one of my trophies I wanted to more than anything to return the honor you had lost but I had failed miserably yet again." he told me honestly as I intertwined our hands he tried to get his hand out of mine but I held his hand using both of mine and rested my head on his shoulder.