Chapter 23

RECAP on Nicole's POV

.

.

.

"Where are the rest of the ancients?!" asked La'jar as we came upon the three ancients.

"They are in the heat of battle causing a distraction until we are able to get all of the citizens in the city away from the capital and to their home planets in the ships!" yelled Ancient Alís-ōfō as he tried to tell La'jar the situation over the roaring of the engines of the ships taking off.

"Get on the shuttle Lou'dte kale Nicole, and take the pups on there as well we don't have time to waste! Make haste of the situation and get out of here!" said Ancient Gurro as he helped La'jar and I strap in the children and had us sitting next to one another. Ancient Bäckō'sĕvï sat next to the carry on that Nucleos was in continues to watch over her. "This is going to be a long ride," I thought in my head, as many of the families here had terrified children and were huddled to one another many pushing and shoving one another to get on the ships this is something that no one should ever see many even fought outside to get on the ships. I held onto one of my children's hand at least the one closest to me which happened to be T'sha're he looked up at with worry but all I could do was silently give my support as he nodded his little head and reached out to sibling next him which was Sapharinna and then all of my children held each other's hands as the shuttle took for what would be the remains of the capital.

Torie's POV

"Damn bastards why don't they mind their fucking god damn business!!!" I shout as I knock over the table with just one kick from me I had been outside destroying my courtyard to pent-out my frustration. Lucas would be alright for now but had I not gotten to him sooner he would be dead right now.

"Getting angry isn't going to change his outcome Torie, you know that as well as I do." said Cyber as he came outside to find me letting out my frustration.

"*Sigh* you think that I don't know that despite all that has happened it's still fucked up that they would go so far as to attack the children damn bastards can't even do their job right if-" I start off and the Cyber looks at me like I had just figured out why they put the muffins there in the first place they wanted me to find lance sick they wanted me to know that I was watching them and that they held power over oh-ho were they ever so wrong.

"Fucking assholes, ha ha ha they played me like a fucking bitch protecting her cubs, alright then they wanted to mess with a mama bear they're going to get a mama bear." I say as I examine the muffins one last time. The children were looking at as if I had a mission on my mind Cyber had no objections as he watched me examine the wrapper of the muffin as if intrigued with what I was doing.

"Torie what are you doing with the muffin's wrapper?" asked Cyber as the children were now surrounding me.

"Checking to see if there were any clues as to who made these things," I say as I find a name brand on it and see that of course it was from the royal kitchens in the palace, but something else was off. I already know that the king doesn't like me and for him to go after the children would be a plausible cause, but something else was off about this whole situation. It was all too easy to point finger at the king who I already don't like, but someone wanted to frame the king and have me break off my deal with him. It all made sense as to why because then it would leave more room alliances, and strong winning for the other spectators. They would use me as leverage to overthrow the king and gain favor of the people the problem was who wanted me on their side to use me long enough to gain the title of ruler over this desolation planet.