Chapter 21

Previously on Nicole's POV

.

.

.

"My mate," said La'jar as I nuzzle him as well and kiss him yet again as he returns my kiss as well.

After we had finished with our fun and fixing La'jar wounded arm we had finished taking our bath, and returned to entering our quarters with all of our children still oblivious to the world.

"I love you my Lou'dte kale we'll get your cousin back I promise," said La'jar and I looked at him smiling.

"And I love you La'jar, I know she'll be fine after all she had me raising her for most of her life I can guarantee that she'll make it out of there unscathed while still looking fabulous." I said as he chuckled at me.

"I'm sure she will, she's always had your spirit and so do our pups thank you for teaching them that." said La'jar as I just shut him up by kissing him.

"Come on we still need to get ready," I said as he nodded to me smiling wide and following my lead.

Torie's POV

*The Next Day*

Ok so today is the day I meet the person who is to be my partner and what the hell is the king planning I never like it when he has a plan but I do love to play this game that I like to call ruling on top. It's basically the deal that him and I made the simple part is that I make a deal with the king and I pass every stage or challenge that he throws at me not matter how ridiculous the only thing about this game is that he can't force me to do anything that I don't want to do and if he does... Well let's just say it's not going to be a pretty ending for the new king of the changelings if he keeps trying to flirt with me. I'm fifteen for crying out loud I'm not even eighteen yet let alone sixteen I don't even want to be thinking about marriage right now.

"Ah, Torie glad you could make it," said the King emerging from the crowd of all the slaves and prisoners many are debating if they should kill him now or not since he has his top guards with him. He gives me an evil gleam as I give him a glare not even wanting to be associated with him.

"The hell do you want bastard?" I ask him as he tries hard to hold in his anger and not lash out at me.

"I'm the one that announced to every creature here who their partners are my love." he said I'm facing away from him and turn to have my blade at his throat. His other guards are pointing their spears at me while I look at him dead in the eyes.

"I'm not your love nor will I ever be, you son of a bitch hurry up and tell me who my partner is or so help me I'll end this deal and kill you here and now!" I shout, my voice full of malice and distaste as I glare at this bastard.

"OOO, you wound me Torie and here I thought there was this friction that you love so much where we play cat and mouse after all you run from me while I'm the one that has to chase after don't you just love this?" he said in a teasing tone as I push my spear closer to his throat and draw a bit of blood.

"Know your place you bastard because the next time you do the deal is off." I say as pull my spear away from and walk away with the still having their spears on me while I walk past them and the crowd staring at me with shocked expressions. Many of the females with envy which I don't even understand in the first place and the males with distaste as they face, but their looks don't faze me since I'm not interested in making friends and allies. Friends here use your trust while allies will stab you in the back when you're not looking, as for me and my three little ones we're family, yes we fight, scrabble for the last piece of food at the table, and we have disputes all the time. But even when we are at our worst we always make up and know when we are wrong and apologizes for our mistakes.