Chapter 2

Torie's POV

*Morning*

I was wide awake for today this is where I'm off on my own for the very first time in a long time. The last time I was on my own was when I was with Vayuh'ta but were running away from the other three pupils who were trying to get rid of us little did we know back then.

I grabbed the supplies that I needed and I needed someone to look after fang as I went on my first solo hunt, but it alway depended on what needed to be hunted down too.

"Torie don't forget this," said Vayuh'ta as he handed my a blaster that he made. You see Vayuh'ta was extremely smart, and if you ask me I would've thought him to be an engineer or medic after he finishes his chiva but only time would tell how and when he was ready.

"Vayuh'ta but you made that blaster I can't accept this during my first hunt since it is not mine," I try to politely decline but he kept insisting.

"Then don't think of it as mine but a gift I'm giving you then," he said as I cave and accept his kind gift.

"OooOoo, Vayuh'ta likes Torie," teases Guí'tüs in a playful manner as the rest of the group start to snicker at his comment. Guí'tüs has dark green scaly skin and black stripes all along his body with dark brown eyes, and short black tendrils.

"And what's wrong with that Guí'tüs? Are you saying I'm not a likeable person Guí'tüs? You saying that you all can't stand me? Am I really that unlikeable?" I tease him back as he starts to stamper at his words trying to come up with something quickly but fails.

"That's what I thought, don't deny that you all like me, like I said I'm a very likeable person nothing wrong with that," I said to the lot of them as they bow their heads in shame.

"Now then I will see you all with in four days as I shall come back successful in the HUNT!" I shout as they cheer me on. Tri'ste and La'jar are waiting for me as I am prepared for what is to come my way but what's strange is that I haven't seen Fang anywhere and now I know why La'jar and Tri'ste have him strapped with supplies and a SADDLE!? "What's going on?" I thought in my head.

"Ah, Torie glad to see you are ready for your hunt tomorrow, be forewarned that your creature will be bigger than you are and will require you to have Fang with you." Explains La'jar as Tri'ste has a look of uncertainty.

"What creature am I hunt exactly?" I ask the both of them. Both La'jar and Tri'ste give each other a look as if wondering if they should tell me but La'jar nods his head at Tri'ste saying that it was alright to tell me.

"You will be hunting a Humbarya," said Tri'ste as gives me an uneasy look because even he know how terrible those creatures are Tri'ste as had to chase them off. He would have to keep those creatures away from the rest of the younger pupils since we are still children and are easy pickings to the creatures that hunt. The only problem is that they travel in packs, their numbers can reach up to 6-10 relatively small but yet effective when facing enemies or hunting. I shook a little since I've seen what these creatures look like but that wasn't was scared me it was the fact that they spit venom from their fangs that worried me since you had to be stealthy and agile when dealing with these creatures killing them is no easy task, but no one ever said that this was going to be easy either.

"You already know that they hunt in packs and it will be difficult to hunt them be forewarned you do not have to succeed the first time since they are difficult to take down let alone a whole pack. Even with the help of Fang by your side, remember this is just to see how far you have come in your training, nothing more, don't go trying to chew off more than you can bite." said Tri'ste as both La'jar and him see me off and say to go forth with strength and power in their Language. I then headed straight into the forest all on my own while the other pupils go off and head back home until I return from my first hunt.