DAY 15

POV YUE
"Shen Yue! Is breakfast ready?!"
"Give me a second, Dylan! You could even help me, instead of sitting there waiting!"
"Breakfast is your job, you have set the rules".
Every morning the same story ...
With Dylan it's always like that.
I glare at him and he grins satisfied.
"Good morning".
We turn to the kitchen door, where little Su watches us smiling.
First he goes to kiss Dylan's cheek and then he comes to me.
"Good morning my little prince" I whisper to him.
And suddenly everything rushes.
Dylan bangs a hard fist on the table. I look at him, startled by that reaction.
His face is very pale and stares at me with eyes of fire.
Before I can ask for explanations, he gets up suddenly and leaves home.
What the hell has just happened? I don't understand ... What did I say to make him so angry?
Su shakes my hand.
"Our mommy ... Mommy always called him Little Prince. It was his favorite book as a child" he says to me, with sad eyes.
Oh. Damn. Stupid, stupid Yue.
I hug him tightly.
"I'm sorry, honey ... I didn't know ... I'm sorry".
"Don't worry, it's not your fault" he smiles at me.
We hurry up to have breakfast, then I take the lunch basket that Dylan has left on the table and we run to school.
When I get to class, I find him sitting at his desk staring down at the floor.
Caesar approaches me.
"Hi, Yue! What happened to Dylan? I don't think he's okay ... I tried to talk to him, but he looks dull," he whispers, worried.
"I said something I didn't have to say ... Can you do me a favor? Tell him to reach me on the roof at lunchtime"
Caesar nods and returns to his place.
"It's all ok?" Jaqi asks me when I sit at my desk.
"I don't know," I answer with a sigh.

POV DYLAN
I get on the roof of the school. Yue is already there waiting for me.
"Hey ... Here, I have your lunch," she says to me in a trembling voice as she hands me my basket .
I take it without answering and I start to leave.
"Dylan, wait ... I'm sorry for what I said this morning ... Really, I'm so sorry, it won't happen again, I promise."
"This STORY MUST END! YOU MUST STOP IT!" I scream.
She takes a step back.
Yes, good, run away.
"What you mean?" she asks in a whisper.
"I want you to stop treating Su as if you were his mother! What are you going to do, eh? You went into our house and started to cuddle him and made sure that he was affection with you. Congratulations! How will he feel when you will return to your house and you won't care anymore about him?! Who will hug him strong?! Who will sing those stupid songs that he likes so much?! Who will stop him crying in a second when he will get hurt?! You are a selfish, that's what you are! He isn't a toy! You don't know what it's like to lose your ... "
Before I can stop shouting at her with all my anger, Yue approaches me quickly and slaps me in the face, leaving me speechless.
"You can put on me all the poison you want, but don't you dare say that I don't know what it's like to lose your mother! Do you think I don't know?! You go around believing you're the only person on earth to have suffered ... But no, dear, I lost my parents and you know that too! And do you remember what age I lost them? No, right? I was six years old. The same age as Su. I know better than anyone else what it means to feel alone, abandoned, empty, lost ... I know that desperate need for a cursed embrace, a reassuring scent, a sweet voice ... I had no one, Dylan, I grew up in a house full of indifference and contempt towards me.
Who the hell did you take me for? Do you really believe I would abandon your brother once I leave your home? Did you get such an awful idea of ​​me? You are stupid".
She turns her back and goes away. I didn't expect this ... I think I will never forget the coldness I saw in her eyes a little while ago.
I sit on the floor with heavy breathing and think back to what Yue told me.
It never happens to me to think about her family situation ... It will be because I never saw her really sad or angry.
I remember the first day of school, in elementary school: I had heard from the teachers that the child with round round eyes and her hair gathered in two funny tufts had lost her parents since only four months.
I remember how she jumped around here and there for the class to give her snack to all our classmates, always with a huge smile on her face, happy as ever when someone of us returned her.
And then I remember the day of my mother's funeral, last year ... She was there too at the cemetery. I saw my father, who hadn't shed a single tear up to that moment, burst into tears like a child in Yue's arms, while she gently stroked his hair and whispered to him that the three of us would get up again.
There was pain in her eyes, but the smile was still there. What a strange person, Shen Yue.
Maybe I really exaggerated this time.
I take a breath and decide to go back to class. There are only a few minutes left until the end of the lunch break.
I approach her, who has her head resting on the desk and her eyes closed.
"Yue ... Can I take you to the bookstore, later?" I ask her.
She doesn't raise her head.
Perfect, now she ignores me?
"Please ..." I murmur.
She nods no.
Jaqi looks at me with a questioning look, as if wondering what the hell I had done to reduce her best friend in that state. I snort and go to sit down. All right, we live under the same roof: you can't escape forever.

POV SU
I'm a bit confused. This morning my brother was the one who was angry ... Why now seems to me that he is the one who wants to apologize?
Yueyue came home, kissed me on the cheek and locked herself in her bedroom.
Dylan tried several times to knock on her door, but she never answered.
I really think tonight she won't watch a cartoon with us ...
My brother and I sit at the table, but I see that he doesn't eat almost anything.
"What happened?" I ask him, worried.
He smiles at me and shakes his head.
"I told her some bad things," he replies.
I look at him badly and I snort.
"Yeah ... I'm an idiot, right? Do me a favor, bring something to eat in her room."
"Ok".

POV YUE
I wake up in the middle of the night after a bad nightmare ... I dreamed that a big dog chased me for miles and miles ...
I get up and trying to make as little noise as possible I go to the kitchen to drink a glass of water.
I open the refrigerator and suddenly I feel something brush against my back.
I turn around, startled, and I find Dylan stopping my mouth with one hand.
When he sees me calmer, he lets me go and smiles at me.
"Are you stupid? Did you want to make me die of a heart attack?" I ask him, in a whisper.
"I heard you were leaving your room and I took advantage of it, I've been chasing you all day ..."
I move my gaze.
"Yue ... I'm sorry for what I told you at school. I lost my mind, forgive me" he whispers.
"Don't worry, I'm not angry anymore" I answer him.
"Seriously?"
I nod and move away from him, then return to my room.

POV DYLAN
Why do I have the feeling that she is still angry?

Author's corner
Hello girls😘 here's another small chapter for you ... Slowly we begin to learn more about our two big heads. What do you think about this new side of Yue? And about Dylan?
A big hug, thank you so much for being so very kind to me 💜💛 see you very soon 😘