LOST WITHOUT YOU

POV YUE
I wear a Dylan's t-shirt and I curl up on the sofa to read a book.
Didi has been in town for a week to handle some Library affairs so I find myself at home alone.
And I miss him.
Suddenly my phone starts ringing: it's him.
I answer the video call and as soon as I see his sweet eyes my heart starts beating faster.
"Hi love" he smiles at me.
"Hi! How are you? Your face is tired ... And where are you? In your car?"
"I'm fine, don't worry. Yes, I just parked at the hotel" he replies.
We look at each other for a few moments.
"You're silent tonight," I tell him, surprised.
"I was thinking of something."
"You make me worry ... What's up, Didi?"
"Wait, I can't hear you anymore."
He closes the video call.
A few minutes pass before the phone rings again.
"Can you hear me now?" I ask him.
"Shen Yue, you forgot to pick up the mail" she scolds me, raising his eyes to the sky.
"What? How do you know ..."
"Open the door, you fool" he laughs.
I run to the entrance.
As soon as I open the front door, two strong arms lift me up and make me spin in the air.
"Didi!"
"Surprise!"
"What are you doing here?!"
He kisses me gently and my legs melt ... We've been married for four years now, but his effect on me is not going to diminish. Every touch, every look, every word of him caresses my soul and makes me tremble.
He closes the door and takes me in his arms, then he takes me to our room and gently lays me on the bed.
It dominates me with his weight. Another kiss ... And then another ...
I take his face in my hands and I look into his eyes.
"Welcome home" I whisper to him.
He touches my cheek tenderly.
I love him so much...
Without saying a word, he lies down beside me and rests his head on my chest.
I take the opportunity to play with his soft hair.
With one hand he goes down to caress my belly.
"Are you ok?" he asks me.
"Yes" I reply.
"Both of you?"
"Both of us".
I am now in the sixth month of pregnancy ... The fruit of our love grows healthy and strong in my belly.
At night she enjoys kicking me, and during the day she makes small movements when I sing in the library.
"Do you know why I came back earlier than expected?"
"Beacause you were afraid I'd run away with another?" I grin.
He raises his head to give me an angry look.
I burst out laughing. He's adorable.
"No, idiot," he mutters.
"And so why?"
"Because I was going crazy."
I push him slightly to make him lay his head next to mine and I look into his eyes.
"What happens?" I ask him, worried.
His hand continues to caress my belly.
"Nothing, silly. It's just that ... I can't stand without you. Not even for a day. When you're not with me I feel so ... Lost. I thought that in time this feeling would fade, and instead the more they pass the years and more your spell gets stronger. I fall in love more and more, Shen Yue ".
And again my heart makes a somersault.
And my eyes fill with tears.
"Tsk! You cry so many times!" He laughs.
"You're bad! Play with the feelings of a pregnant woman!" I mumble, wiping my cheeks.
"Come here, you idiot" he kisses my forehead and then my lips.
"Oh! I forgot! There is another reason why I came back earlier! Wait for me here!"
He jumps up and runs out.
I sit up, curious.
After a few minutes, I hear the front door lock again and his steps quickly reach our room.
To appear at the door, it is not Wang He Di, but a bear taller than him.
"I know it's not your birthday, but I saw it this morning and I couldn't miss the chance to bring it to you! And ... Here, this is for our princess" Didi smiles, pulling out of his jacket pocket an exact copy of the plush, but in miniature.

POV DYLAN
I go out of the shower and wear my pajamas. I look at the bathroom cabinet and I can't help but smile ... Our perfumes, the blades, the brushes, the hair clips, the gel, the toothbrushes ... It's all mixed up. Yue and I are like this: we don't know where one starts and where the other ends. Our home is always in a mess, but it is welcoming and full of love in every corner. When we got married, we promised that we would have filled it with laughter ... And we really did. We laugh so much, me and Shen Yue. In these four years we have had a lot of fun!
And we built our little habits and our rituals. This is our nest, it is our refuge ... I look forward to adding our little creature's to our laughter! At the mere thought of holding our daughter in my arms I feel like jumping and screaming with joy.
I brush my teeth and go back to our room.
The picture in front of me is one of the sweetest and most wonderful I've ever seen.
Shen Yue is sleeping embraced by her new giant plush. It's three times her size and it makes her too funny! Between the two of them, on her belly, there is our little girl's bear.
I will never forget Yue's happy face when she saw the two bears ... Her eyes became even bigger and brighter and her adorable "dance of happiness" started. She ran to hug him and clung to his neck for at least a quarter of an hour.
I admit and I'm ashamed to feel a pinch of jealousy towards the stuffed animal ... Only I can sleep in the arms of my Shen Yue!
I sit beside her and stroke her hair.
"Hey," she whispers, keeping her eyes closed.
"Hey ... I let you your privacy, I go to sleep on the couch" I tell her, pretending to be offended.
She laughs and opens her eyes.
She struggles to get up and puts the two bears on the armchair, then she returns to the bed and fastens her arms around my neck.
"Come here, stupid" she smiles, pulling me towards her.
She kisses me and immediately the taste of her lips sends me out of my mind.
"I love you," she tells me in a low voice.
"Me too".
"Didi?"
"Hmm?"
"You are my sun".
"And you are my moon".
If this is a dream, I hope I never wake up.

Author's corner
Ciao!
A small chapter on a gray day 😘 thanks for everything!
A big hug,
Lucrezia