ANOTHER DAY 2

POV YUE
I wake up at 3 am and go to the bathroom to put off my pajamas, trying to make little noise so as not to wake anyone up.
Once ready, I enter the kitchen and find the table full of dishes and a paper bag with the words "Yue's lunch".
Is it possible that after the speech last night, Su decided to prepare all these things for me?  Mr. Wang told me he is getting very good at cooking ...
I smile and sit down to eat.
As soon as I taste the first course, I understand.
Wang He Di.
There is his touch, I feel it.
God, I miss his cooking!
But ... Why did he do it?

POV DYLAN
Shortly before 4, Shen Yue joins me in the Bookstore.  She has dark circles and puffy eyes.  Was it essential to come here so early?  Absolutely not.  But in this way she learns to not insist so much anymore.
"Good morning," she says, between a yawn and another.
"Good morning. Wake up, there are a lot of things to do" I warn her.
She nods and puts a bag on a table.
"Thanks," she says, pointing to it.
"Let me be clear: I didn't do it for you. I did it for my brother. If you continue like this, you will become a skeleton and he will die of concern," he mutters.
She smiles at me.
Damn ... That smile ...
No, Dylan.  You hate that smile.  You  hate those eyes, those eyelashes, that nose, that hair ... You hate everything about her.  Don't be fooled again.
"I know, but thanks anyway," she says.

POV CAESAR
Dylan asked me to join him in the Bookstore in the afternoon.
These days we have to remove the shelves and take them to my father's shed to be able to repair and paint them.
I park my dad's van in front of the Bookstore and  I enter.
There are boxes full of books everywhere.
"Hey!"
Dylan joins me as he wipes his hands with a napkin.
"Hi friend! I see you've been busy! I didn't think you would have emptied so many shelves in so little time!"  I exclaim, looking around.
"Hi, Caesar"
I turn to the voice that has just greeted me and I smile.
"Yue! How nice to see you again!"
I hug her tightly as I notice that someone is looking at me with fiery eyes.
Phew, what an immature!  Let's start with the story of "She's the enemy!" again.
"How is Jaqi? Last night she seemed tired when we talked," Yue tells me.
"Yeah, she's working a lot lately. But sqhe's fine, thanks. You don't look good too, anyway ... Aren't you giving yourself too much to do? Do you have a lot of time ahead!"  I exclaim.
"Oh no, the sooner we finish the better" she smiles.
"Finished talking? Come on, let's start taking down the shelves!"  snorts Dylan.
It takes us three hours to dismantle about half of the shelves in the Bookstore.
I can't help but notice that although Wang He Di does nothing but tease her, his gaze is constantly on Yue.  I think he's worried she could hurt herself... Shen Yue is working with drills and screwdrivers, without backing off at nothing.
Once the truck is loaded, Dylan and I go to take away the shelves while she stays in the Bookstore to clean.
When we go back, it's already 8 pm and Yue is asleep with her head resting on a table and she has a broom and a dustpan in her hands.
"What a fool," Dylan mutters.
"She's been working nonstop for sixteen hours. You gave her only ten minutes to have lunch ... What did you expect? She's a girl and she's as small as a garden gnome ... I hope you're not going to torture her like this every day!  It's ridiculous!"  I burst out, indignant.
He lowers his head, but says nothing.
"Come on, let's go home" I sigh.
I try to wake up Yue, without success.
She seems to have gone into a coma.
"Move," Dylan tells me.
He bends down and takes her in his arms, then he takes her to his car.
Say what you want, my friend, but this is not hatred.

POV DYLAN
Pff.
I get out of the car and take Yue in my arms again.
I ring the bell at home and Dad opens the door to me, surprised.
"What happened? Is she feeling sick?"  he asks, pointing to Shen Yue.
"She's just tired," I reply.
"You left home early this morning ... Come on, take her to her bed"
"No, first she has to eat" I snort.
Dad smiles at me and nods.
"Well, I'm going out with Wang Su. We go to the neighbors to watch the game ... I recommend, take care of her. Dinner for you is on the table, the two of us have already eaten," he tells me.
He and Su greet me and leave.
I place Yue on one of the kitchen chairs and I try to wake her up.
"Shen Yue? Shen Yue?"
She is smiling with her eyes closed.
Oh come on!
I kneel before her and shake her a little.
She opens her eyes slightly and caresses my face.
I would like to move her hand, but her touch ... It is so light and ...
Sweet ... No!  What the hell!  Take yourself back, Wang He Di!  What are you?!  A dog?!
"SHEN YUE!" I scream.
And finally she wakes up completely.
"What happens?!"  she exclaims, looking around in fear.
"Eat" I cut short
"I just want to go to bed," she mumbles, trying to get up.
I push her back into the chair.
"You have to eat".
"I'll eat tomorrow! I don't even have the strength to pick up chopsticks!" she complains.
She looks like a capricious child.
I stick the chopsticks and take a handful of rice from the bowl, then I take it to her mouth, which instinctively opens.
She lets me help her finish all the rice, then she leans on the table and goes back to sleep.
What the hell!
I pick her up again and take her to her room.
As soon as I put her on the bed, her arms cross around my neck.
"Didi ..." she whispers, pulling me towards her.
I didn't hear her voice calling that name for years ... And her scent ... Her warmth ... For a moment I stand still watching her face, unable to move a muscle.  Suddenly, the memory of me and Yue cuddling on the bed strikes me like a racing truck.
I take her hands and push them away from my neck, then I get up and I arrange her blankets.
I need a cold shower.

Author's corner
Ciao!
Two little updates for you ... I hope you like them ☺️
Thank you for your comments!
And thank you for the support you gave me for "Her Laughter" ❤️
A big hug,
Lucrezia