HER GRANNY

POV SU
This morning I am super excited!  We're going to meet Yueyue's grandmother!
Apparently she lives far from us and Yue hasn't seen her since last year.
"SHEN YUEEEEEE!"
Didi is very upset!  He changed his shirt at least ten times and emptied our dad's tie drawer.
We both go to his room.
"What's up again?! Soon we have to leave!"  exclaims Yue.
"My hair ... are they okay like this?"  he asks.
I've never seen him so insecure.  It's funny.  He looks like a child ...
Yue approaches him and she takes his face in her hands.
Aaah ... Here are the lovebirds now!  I'd better leave them alone ... I go out, as I hear her whisper softly: "You are perfect, my love. Granny will adore you."
Meanwhile, Kido returns home from his daily run.
"Are you ready yet?" he asks me.
"Not yet ... Didi is having a hysterical 12-year-old crisis," I reply, putting on my shoes.
He bursts out laughing.
"I would have liked to come too".
"In your dreams" Dylan grins, entering the living room followed by Yue.
Finally we can leave!
Dad unfortunately has to work, so he will try to join us later.

POV DYLAN
I'm nervous.  I know that Yue is very fond of her grandmother ... It's what still links her to her father.
She told me that she is a woman of almost ninety, extremely strong and independent, who has had to struggle a lot in her life.  She lost her husband when Yue's father was still a child... And then she lost her son too.
I hope she will like me ...
Yue's hand rests on mine, on the gear of my little yellow car, and she squeezes it gently.  I turn towards her, who smiles sweetly at me and looks into my eyes as if to say to me for the umpteenth time: "Don't worry".

POV YUE
Once out of the car, I, Dylan and Su take each other's hands and cross the courtyard.
This is an important step for me ... I try to look calm, but I know the person we're dealing with and yes, I'm a little scared.
I knock on the door and after a few minutes a little lady with short white hair, dark eyes and a thin body, comes out.
"Hello granny!"  I exclaim, embracing her.
"You're late," she says, stroking me.
"I know, I know ... Sorry."
I see her squaring Dyaln and Su from head to foot.
"And who are they?"
"Granny, they are Wang He Di and his brother Wang Su."
The two make a small bow.  Dylan reaches out to introduce himself, but she remains motionless to watch him.
"Is he the guy you live with?"  she asks.
"It's my boyfriend, granny..."
"The one you live with?"
"Yup".
"I don't like him".
She shakes her head and she enters the house.
Dylan looks at me with a panic on his face.
"It's not going well, is it?"  Su whispers.
"It's okay ... Let's go in" I snort.

POV SU
We reach Yue's grandmother in the living room, where she is waiting for us sitting in an armchair.
Yue beckons us to sit on the sofa in front of her.
"Why did you bring him here?"  the woman asks.
"Because he's my boyfriend, granny! I wanted to let you know him."
"How old are you?"  this time she talks directly to Dylan.
"Twenty, ma'am" he replies, tense.
"What do you do in life?"
"I'm studying Economy, madam".
"Do you work?"
"No, ma'am."
"What do your parents do?"
"My father runs a small bookstore in our country ... My mother left us two years ago ... Madam".
"Granny ... I've already told you all these things," smiles Yue.
"You're too tall for her. And you're too skinny. Besides, I'll be honest: I don't agree with your cohabitation."
Wow!  Granny is really direct!  I don't like that she treats my brother like this ... She doesn't even know him!
Dylan takes a deep breath and then he responds with a confident voice: "I'll spend my life on my knees to be as tall as Shen Yue, I'll eat more and soon I'll marry your granddaughter, madam".
Yue opens her eyes in surprise.
Yup!  Go on brother!
"Marry her, eh?"  the grandmother bursts out laughing.
"Why are you laughing ?! Didi loves Yueyue so much!"  I exclaim, angry.
Dylan pinches my arm.
Suddenly she stops laughing  and she looks me straight in the eye.
"Forgive him, ma'am ... He didn't want to address her that way ... Apologize, Wang Su" my brother says, agitated.
"No, I'm not apologizing! She's kidding you!"
"Ok, ok ... Now you two go for a walk outside, I'll talk to my grandma for a while," Yue intervenes.
"No. I want to talk to the kid, alone."
Ohi ohi ...
Yue and my brother exchange a look, worried.
"Oh, go! I don't want to eat him!"  the grandmother snorts.