ANOTHER DAY 20.1

POV YUE
How long have we been embraced here?  Ten minutes?  Twenty?  An hour?
I don't know.
But this feeling ... It's like being wrapped in the warmth of a fireplace, after having gone through a snowstorm.
In spite of everything, his arms still know how to give me the security I lack.
"I hate you" he whispers in my ear.
"It must be nice to say... You repeat it often" I grin.
He remains silent for a while, without letting me go.
His face is hidden by my hair, while mine is leaning against his chest ... I can hear the quick beats of his heart.
"You don't hate me?" he asks me.
I shake my head.
"Why not? I refused you when you came back to me ..." he says.
"I tried to hate you," I reply, with a bitter smile.
"And you didn't succeed?"
"How could I, Wang He Di?"
"How could you not, Shen Yue?"
I sigh as I search for the right words.
"I could never hate you, because ... Because you taught me what it means to love. And what it means to have a family. I saw your true colors, Wang He Di ... And I couldn't hate even one of them. Despite all that  we have said and done, I know well who you are and I know how much you loved me ... And how much I loved you. Maybe I am silly or simply selfish, but I hope that one day we can go back to being friends".
I feel his body stiffen.
I lift my head to look at his face.
He seems to be fighting an internal battle with himself.
"I exaggerated? Sorry. As not said" I smile at him, to reassure him.
I'm about to walk away, but he holds me again.
"I missed you," he sighs.
My heart loses a beat.
I look into his eyes ... And I see him again, my Didi.
"I missed you too".
"Yueyue! There is a ... Oh! Sorry! Sorry!"  Connor looks at us with wide eyes for a few seconds, then he runs back to the living room.
Dylan and I burst out laughing and we leave each other.
"I'm going to see what happens" I say.
Dylan takes my hand.
"Do we really want to try ... to be friends?"  he asks me.
His hopeful and uncertain face melts my heart.
"I'd be really happy," I reply, holding his hand.

POV SU
When our friends leave, I sit in the living room talking to Daoming Si.
Yue and Dylan join me soon after.
A while ago, Connor ran into the living room saying he saw them hugging ... I wonder if he was lying... How is that possible?
"Did you like the party?"  Yue asks me, sitting on the carpet with me.
"Very much! Thanks!" I exclaim.
"You really are a nice parrot" she smiles, stroking Daoming Si's little head.
"Small idiot!"  he screams, happy.
Yue turns to Dylan and whispers to him: "You will pay for this".
My brother bursts out laughing.
Damn!  What's going on here?!
"Well, I don't want to go to sleep yet... You? Would you watch a movie?"  proposes Dylan.
Ok, something is wrong here.
"Yup!"  Yue claps her hands enthusiastically.
The two jump on the couch and look at me, perplexed.
"Don't you come?"  he asks, pointing to the empty space between them.
"Can you tell me what are you two doing? Why do you suddenly seem to get along so well? Did you come back together?"
"No, fool. We could never get back together. But ... We can be friends. Or at least, we want to try," Yue explains.
They could never get back together, she says?  What idiocy.
But I'm happy ... This is definitely a special day!
I get up and throw myself on the couch with them.
"Wow! This couch has become tight! Dyaln, go on the carpet!"  exclaims Yue.
"You go there! Small idiot!"
"Small idiot!"  repeats Daoming Si.
Yes. It's definitely a special day.

POV DYLAN
Well, I gave up.
A hug was enough.
A stupid hug.
Hearing her say those words in the kitchen made my heart go haywire.
The truth is, no matter how hard I tried to hate her, getting Shen Yue back here makes me happy.  I saw her true colors too ... She painted every corner of my life with those colors, how could I not have seen them?
I don't want to go back with her, I know it would be just a mess, but I really need her friendship.  That embrace made me understand immediately.
And now, as I hear her laughing like a fool while we watch a stupid movie, I feel as happy as I haven't been for five years.
We've did some big messes, me and her ... But some things can't be changed, I guess: Shen Yue will always be like a sister.

Author's corner
Ciao!
A very short but important chapter ☺️
The small idiot and the big idiot are finally taking a few steps forward, eh?  💛💜
Thank you so much for everything you do for me. I hope you know how much I appreciate your demonstration of affection for me and this little story 😘
A big hug,
Lucrezia