A NEW BEGINNING

POV YUE
When Dylan and I return from school together with Su, we notice Mr. Wang sitting on the bench in front of home, with his suitcase.
Here we are.
Dylan and I exchange a look and leave our hands.
"Daddy!"  Su runs into his arms, happy.
"Hey! Here you are!"  exclaims Mr. Wang.
He embraces both Dylan and me.
"Finally home! Come on, make yourself beautiful! I'll take you to dinner! We celebrate Dad's return!"  he chuckles when Didi opens the door.
After taking a shower, I wear a white flowered dress and I go to the living room, where the three Wang are happily chatting on the couch.
Dylan peers at me from head to toe and he smiles at me, blushing slightly.
"Mr. Wang, can I put my suitcase in the car? I have already told my aunt that I would have come home after dinner" I say, trying not to look too sad.
"Of course! But there is no hurry to return, you know? If you want to stay for a few days there is no problem" he replies with his gentle tone.
"Yeah, Shen Yue. Leave the suitcase here" adds Didi.
I nod, though I'm not sure it's the right decision ... The more I stay here, the harder it will be to leave.

POV MR WANG
"Yueyue ... I really want to thank you for all you did for me and my sons over the past few months. And thank you for taking the time to care about the Bookstore".
All four of us are sitting at Su's favorite restaurant table.
"You must not thank me! It was nice to live here for a while ... And you know how much I care about the Bookstore! In these months I have learned to love this work even more" Yue smiles at me.
As she speaks I notice that Wang He Di, sitting next to her, listens to her looking at her almost with adoration...
Apparently Yue has managed to scratch his armor.
"You know Yueyue, my wife and I have loved you from the first moment you came into our lives. Before dying she made me promise to always be close to you ... I know I don't tell you that often, but I hope you know that  for whatever I am here".
"Yes! I'm here too!"  exclaims Su, sending her a kiss.
The girl stops eating and bites her lips to hold back the tears that threaten to go out.
I lean towards her and mess with her hair fondly.
"Thank you" she whispers.
Suddenly Dylan clears his throat.
"Dad ... Can we talk for a minute?"  he asks me.
He looks terribly serious.
"Let's go out for a second, please ... Just the two of us" he says.
I nod and follow him out of the restaurant.
"Wang He Di ... Is everything okay? You seem agitated".
My son massages his neck and takes a breath.
"I want to ask you something" he mutters.
"Tell me".
Damn, I hope nothing happened ... Why is he so tense?
"Daddy... I want Shen Yue to live with us".
My eyes open wide, surprised.
"Excuse me?"
"I want Yue to stay here with us..."
I didn't expect this.  Not from Wang He Di.
"He Di... Yueyue has her home..."
"That's not her home! She hates that place! She's sick there!"
I watch it carefully.  His face is red with anger.
"Are you in love with her?"  I ask him.
This catches him off guard.
"No! Of course not ... But after all this time I learned to know her and I consider her as a sister. And I know for sure that she is happier here. She told me. And I saw how she is when she comes back to her aunt: she stops eating and she's always sad. Please, dad"
"Wang He Di, do you realize what you are asking me? This is an important question! So far it has been a temporary thing and everything went well, but do you understand that if you ask her to stay it will be forever?  Do you think you can get along for so long?  You can't go back, is it clear to you?  I'm happy that the relationship between you has improved a lot, but it is certain that it will happen to you to fight ... And if it happens, you will live under the same roof.  And it will be difficult because I know you are so stubborn sometimes.  Then you must also think about the fact that one day you will have a girlfriend... Who will certainly not be so happy to know that you live with another girl!  Just as his future boyfriend won't be happy... "
"Dad, I've already thought about everything. I'm ready to face every challenge and every problem ... Together. Yue is part of the family. Do you understand, Dad? She's our family now... And I'm not willing to leave her. She needs me. And I want to be there for her. Will we fight? Of course. But we'll make peace. Will my girlfriend hate her? Ok, I'll leave her. Her boyfriend will hate me? I'll do as much as I can to stand aside... But this is her home. It is as much her as it is mine and Su's".
Now I have the confirmation: my son is in love.  I hold a smile.
"All right. If Yue and Su agree, it's ok for me" I say after a moment.
His face lights up in a smile full of joy.
"Have you talked to them already?"  I ask him.
"I talked to Su and he agrees, of course. But I didn't talk about it with Yue... I wanted to get your and her aunt permission first" he replies.
"Is her aunt okay?"
"She said yes. She seemed quite indifferent."
"Ok. Wang He Di?"
"Yup?"
"Do you remember? No girls for now".
"Dad, there's nothing between me and Yue".
I don't believe him at all.
"Now excuse me, but I have to take her to a place!"  he tells me, exalted as a child.
He returns into the restaurant and after a few seconds he comes out again holding her hand.
"Didi!"  she screams, shocked, as he drags her away running.
When I come back to sit down, Su gives me a confused look.
"I think we will have to keep celebrating alone. Wang Su ... Hmm ...  There's something between those two?"  I ask him.
"What are you saying, Daddy ?! Of course not!" he bursts out laughing and he continues to eat.
Alright then...

POV DYLAN
I stop only when we reach the park where Yue and I ended up chasing after each other the day I discovered her fear of thunderstorms.
"Are you crazy?!" she exclaims, trying to catch her breath.
I turn to her and I hold back a laugh.  The wind has disheveled her hair and her cheeks are red for the run.
I pull her towards me and I kiss her.
"Mmh ... I was dying to kiss you since you came out with that dress" I sigh, leaning my forehead against her.
"Did you almost kill me just for this?"  she laughs, incredulous.
"No ... I wanted to give you this".
I take her hand and put a key on her palm.
Attached to it there's a leather keychain engraved with her name.
"What does it mean?" she whispers.
"It means that you no longer need the spare key to enter home. This is yours. The key to your home ... Our home".
She peers at me with her big eyes.
"Didi ... I don't think I will need it again. Tomorrow I will go back to my aunt and ..."
"Don't you understand?"  I laugh, agitated.
I feel so euphoric about not having to say goodbye to her...
I just hope she will accept.
I stroke her face.
"Shen Yue. Do you want to keep living at our home? Do you want to live with me?"  I ask in a trembling voice.
Yue's eyes widen.
"I ... Wang He Di ... Your father wouldn't agree and I don't want to be a burden ..." she murmurs.
"My father just gave me permission. That's what we talked about a while ago. And your aunt also agrees. I just need your answer..."
She looks me straight in the eye, looking for confirmations.
"Are you sure?"
The hope I hear in her voice makes me tender.
"Never been sure than this" I reply.
She gives me the brightest of smiles and she hugs me tight.
"I want to live with you" she says, her face hidden against my chest.
It's done!
I pick her up and I walk around myself, too happy to be able to contain my euphoria.
Yue laughs and when I put her back on the floor she stands on tiptoe to give me a kiss.
"I love you" she whispers to me.
"Me too, Shen Yue".
As we return home, I notice that she keeps turning the key in her hands.
"What are you thinking about?"
"Did you make a copy of your keys before you knew my answer ... were you so sure I would accept?"
"I wasn't sure, but I would have given you anyway... To leave you free to come back whenever you felt the need. And know that regardless of whether you and I are together or not, I just want that you're happy. This is the most important thing for me ".

POV YUE
His words overwhelm me like a flooding river.
I have never, never, felt myself so loved as now.
Knowing that from now on we will live together, no longer feel that distressing awareness of having to leave one day, makes me so happy!
I have a family.  I have a home.  I have the most considerate guy in the world by my side ...
This is a new beginning for us.

Author's corner
Ciao!
How are you?
I would like to take advantage of this small space to express my closeness to my Filipino friends ... I hope you are all ok.  I know that the earthquake must have scared you a lot... I embrace you strongly! ❤️
Talking about the story, this chapter is a small bridge to the new life of Yueyue and Didi.  Soon the high schools will end ... Who knows how their story will proceed ☺️ From now on the chapters will have a real title, because there is no longer any need to count the days of Yue in the Wang house ...  Now her stay there is final.
A new beginning ☺️
Thanks for everything!
A hug,
Lucrezia.