I'M HAPPY

POV DYLAN
While I'm waiting for Yue at the station, I look around... Some couples run towards each other, happy to hug again, others say goodbye crying before they get on the train. God, I need to see her. The anxiety is consuming me.
Yesterday I behaved like a fool. "Didi?" I turn around and here she is, beautiful as the moon.
"Shen Yue!" I hold her tight enough to lift her from the ground.
"Hey!" she exclaims, stroking my back.
On the way home, she doesn’t say a word... Yet she doesn’t seem angry. Just... Sad.
When we get home, I help her carry her suitcase to her room and then we sit at the kitchen table. We’re alone. "Shen Yue... I really want to apologize for everything I said to you yesterday. I was upset at the thought of having you so far away and yourand your speeches made me nervous. I’m happy. I really do. I have you, I don’t need anything else. And I know that the photos of Liu Haoran meant nothing... Forgive me. I’m an idiot. An asshole" I tell her, taking her hands. She looks down and she looks at our woven fingers.
"Yue... Say something, please..."
She shakes my hands. I’m sure everything will be fine.
"Wang He Di?" she whispers.
"Tell me".
She lifts her head and she looks at me with shiny eyes. She hints a little smile, but her lips tremble.
"Let’s break up".

Corner of the author
Forgive me...   🙏🏻
A big hug.
Lucrezia