"I APPROVE"

POV YUE
Today Didi behaves strangely ... He is distracted and frighteningly silent.
I finish serving one of our customers and I approach him, who is arranging a shelf.
"Hey, love ... are you ok?"  I ask him, stroking his hair.
"Hmm?"
"Are you okay, Didi?"
"Yes, don't worry! It's ok!" he reassures me.
"Sure? Do you want to go home and rest? I'll close here."
"Let's close, okay? Let's go home together," he replies.
"Ok".
After fixing the last books and closing all the windows and doors, we get in the car.
"Didi? You've got the wrong way! Where are we ..."
"Surprise" he smiles.
"What?!"
"Close your eyes and relax, it will be a long journey," he tells me, with a beautiful light in his eyes.
"You are crazy!"  I laugh.
"Yes! Crazy about you," he replies with a grin.
I kiss him on the cheek and laugh as I see him blush.
I do as he told me, I close my eyes and slowly Morfeo cradles me in his arms.

"Shen Yue? My love? We've arrived".
I open my eyes, but I see nothing.  It's all dark.
"What happens?"  I ask, alarmed.
"Oh, sorry ... Um ... I blindfolded you."
"WANG HE DI!"
"Shhh! Come on, come down ... I'll drive you" he laughs.
"I don't want to! You're doing the same thing that the protagonist of the movie we saw together last week did! And you know how that movie ended! He blindfolded his wife with the excuse of making her a surprise and then he  pushed her off a cliff! Do you want to push me off a cliff ?! "
"Shen Yue! Why should I push you off a cliff ?! And then ... Well, we also saw 50 shades of gray ... I remember very well that there was a bandage in that movie too ..." he grins.
"Idiot!"
"Now do you want to follow me, please? I promise you that I won't kill you, okay? And I won't even do you other ... Things. Promised! Just follow me!"
I snort and reach for his hands.
Dylan helps me get out of the car and drives me slowly, being careful not to trip me up.
Suddenly, I start to hear a familiar sound ...
We are...
Dylan loosens the knot of the bandage and for a moment I miss my breath.
He took me to the beach!
I turn to him in disbelief.
"Didi"
"It's been a while since we've been here, eh?"  he asks, rubbing his neck.
I hug him tight.
"Are you happy, Yue?"
"Yes ... So happy" I reply, squeezing him even more.
"Come with me" he whispers, taking my hand.
It's night and the beach is almost deserted.
Dylan has a small basket with him ... He leads me to the center of the beach and starts pulling a towel out of it, which he lays on the sand, and some red candles.
He turns them on and places them around the towel.
"When did you prepare everything? I didn't notice anything!" I  exclaim.
"While you were snoring like a log this morning."
"Hey!"
"Come on, let's eat," he smiles, ruffling my hair.
We sit on the towel and start eating the dishes he cooked for us.
After finishing, we approach the shore and get lost contemplating the waves of the sea.
"The moon is beautiful tonight, isn't it? I had never seen the sea at this time of day ... It is ... Wonderful. Thank you, Didi" I look into his eyes and read something new.
"Yes, the Moon is perfect tonight," he responds softly.
"Are you sure it's okay? You look agitated," I tell him, worried.
"It's okay, Yue! Oh! I forgot a thing in the car! Can you wait here for a second? If you like, free the towel from the plates, so we can lie down a little when I get back".
I nod and watch him go away.
I really hope everything is ok ...
Why did he want to take me here?  Do es he have to tell me something?  I hope nothing serious has happened.
I go back to our place and open the basket to put in the  plates again.
Something yellow, however, catches my attention ... It is a small envelope with the inscription: "To Yueyue".
What happens?
I open it and find a note inside.
I read it softly: "I approve. Forever yours, Wang Su."
I hear Dylan's steps approach me.
"Didi! Su left me this note, but I don't understand what ..."
As soon as I turn around, I find Wang He Di kneeling in front of me.
In his hands he has a small blue box.

POV DYLAN
Yue stares at me with wide eyes.
Her lips open in an expression of pure amazement and confusion.
I smile at her, while my heart beats so hard it could come out of my chest at any moment.
"Of three things I'm sure:
the first, is that I'm madly in love with you;
the second, is that I want to always make you happy;
the third, is that I can't live without you.
I want to go home from work and cook for you while you take a shower and join me with your huge pajamas, leaving the scent of your shampoo all over the house ... I want you to tell me the good things you saw during the day and what made you angry, while we have dinner.  I want to sleep with you in our bed, in our room, in our home.  I want to wake up with your kisses, your caresses, your smiles and your sleepy voice that tells me: Good morning my love.
I want to quarrel with you, you know how to be damn stubborn, and then make love.
This is the place where we talked about our future together for the first time ... We were so young, but in my heart I already knew that you were always and forever will be the love of my life.  I live for you.  You are all I need, you are my happiness.  So ... please, Shen Yue, will you marry me? "
I open the box with trembling hands and show her the ring I chose for her.
It's very simple, because Yue is like this: brilliant and unique in her simplicity.
Her eyes fill with tears and in a second she falls to her knees before me and hugs me tight.
We cry like two children, close to each other.
When our breaths finally calm down, Yue moves slightly away from me to look into my eyes and nods.
"Yes, Wang He Di. Yes!"  she smiles.
I hold her back to me and kiss her.  The taste of my tears is mixed with hers.
Suddenly I realize what is happening: I will marry Shen Yue.  Shen Yue will become my wife.
I get away from her and start running like crazy along the beach.
"SHE SAID YES! SHE SAID YES! SHE SAID YES" I scream.
The people around us begin to applaud and compliment us.
Someone even stops me to hug me.
Yue, meanwhile, lies on the towel and laughs.
I come back to her and kiss her again.
"I love you" she sighs.
"Me too".
"Didi ... Thanks for not giving up with me".
"Shh ... You are my whole life, Yue".
We remain silent to look into each other's eyes for a few moments.
Suddenly, Yue sits up and watches Wang Su's note.
"He was the first person I talked to," I say.
"How did he take it?"  she asks me, worried.

*Flashback*
Wang Su follows me to the courtyard.
I sit on the bench and he imitates me.
"What's going on, Didi?"  he asks, agitated.
"Su ... I ... I want to ask Shen Yue to marry me," I reply.
I turn to him to see his reaction.
A flash of wonder runs through his face, then replaced by sadness and then by joy.
"And do you want my blessing?"
"Of course. But what I really want is to know if you'll be happy. Wang Su, you know that the first thing Yue will think of when I will make her the proposal is you. Because you come first for the two of us. If you're not ready to face it, I can wait. I also thought that you could come and live with us! We would be happy, you know! "  I explain to him.
"When will you stop worrying so much about me?"  he sighs.
"Never, fool. You're our little brother."
"So, you will leave this house, right?"
"Yes ... But you can come with us, I told you."
He bursts out laughing and shakes his head.
He takes my hand and looks into my eyes with a smile.
"Didi, I knew that sooner or later it would happen. I always knew. It's obvious that it makes me a little sad, because everything will be different ...
But just as for you I come first of all, for me you are the most important thing.  As long as you two are happy, I will be too.  I don't want to come and live with you.  It is right that you build your home and your life.  And then dad would feel alone, here.  I'll be fine, Didi.  So yes: you have my blessing.  And yes: I will be happy ".
We hug each other.
"Thanks" I whisper to him.

* End flashback *

"Our little man," sighs Yue, wiping away a tear.
"Yeah ... The more he grows the more he looks like our mother. He is sweet, kind, intelligent, sensitive ..."
"Just like you," she smiles at me, stroking me.
Suddenly she takes her cell phone from the pocket of her dress and takes a photo of her hand where I put her engagement ring.
"Hey, Ms. Wang".
She turns to me with a super happy expression.
"Yup?"
I kiss her and we go back to lying down ... Her head is on my chest, her arms around my waist, her legs on my legs..
"You're the best gift life could give me," she says softly.
We stay on the beach for hours watching the stars above us.  This is one of the best days of my life.

POV SU
As I read a book in my room, I get a message.  I take my cell phone and read it ... It's Yueyue.  Under the photo of Didi's engagement ring, she says: "Thank you, my puppy. We love you."
I smile and reply: "Congratulations! I love you."
My two idiots ...

Author's corner
Ciao!
What to say, I'm a small mess at the moment ... Another step forward for our two idiots, eh?  🤧💜💛
Thanks for everything, really!
A big hug,
Lucrezia