DAY 216

POV DYLAN
I tried in every way to talk to Yue these days, but every time she invents some nonsense and avoids me.
The other night I even went into her room with her and I locked the door, determined not to let her escape again ... And she pretended to faint. She pretended to faint!
I'd like to write her a letter, but I think certain things are right to tell her in the face ... True?
I would just ... tell her how I feel ...
However, tomorrow night there will be the ball. She will and  I'll tell her everything tomorrow...

POV YUE
"Shen Yue? About tomorrow night ..." Dylan tells me, while we are having dinner.
"Oh, tomorrow night! I'm sorry Didi, I can't come to the ball" I interrupt him.
"Are you kidding me?"
"No ... It's just that ..."
"So from now on we will go on like this? Without talking to each other? Will you avoid me forever?"
His eyes are so hurt ...
"Didi, sorry. Ok, I'll try to be there tomorrow" I whisper.
"Forget it. You don't want to go with me, do you? All right. I've been chasing you like an idiot for days ... I just wanted to talk to you, clarify things, but you prefer to run away ... As usual. Don't worry, now you can stop " he gets up and he goes to his room.
I follow him and I try to open the door, but he locked it.
"Didi ... Wang He Di! I'm sorry! Open, please ..."
No reply.
I go back to the kitchen, where Su looks at me reproachfully.
He had never looked at me like that ...
"Yueyue, you shouldn't treat people you love like that" he says, and than he leaves me alone.
I sit down and massage my eyes.
Well, I managed to disappoint the two people I care about most in the world ... The only two that have always been beside me.
I try again to knock on his door, but silence reigns on the other side.
I'm going to lie down on my bed ...
I take the phone out of my pajama pocket and I  start looking at the photos saved in the gallery ... Most of them were taken by Su: Dylan and I talking at the kitchen table, Dylan and I washing dishes, Dylan and I that play cards, Dylan and I beat ourselves as a joke ... And then comes a picture that sent me Darren after being at the spa: Dylan and I sleeping together embracing ... Dylan and I, Dylan and I,  Dylan and I... In my head it sounds so good! The truth is that I can no longer imagine my life without our small habits ... The truth is that looking at these photos I feel a sensation of warmth in my chest that leaves me breathless. Do I like Dylan? No. I think I love him. This is why I am so afraid of clarifying things with him ... But if I continue to behave as I have done so far, I will end up completely destroying our relationship. Didi doesn't deserve a similar treatment. Tomorrow morning I'll talk to him.

Author's corner
➡️