CHANGES

POV YUE
"Shen Yue?"
Dylan joins me on the school roof.
"Hey" I smile at him.
He runs towards me and he kisses me.
"I miss you..." he whispers, looking at me with sad eyes.
"Me too ... But we must hold on! The exams are close!" I exclaim.
"I'm beginning to not really bear my father anymore".
As much as we have tried to seem detached, it seems that Mr. Wang has sensed something ...
Since he returned, he does nothing but find small pretexts to keep us separate: cleaning, errands, tasks ... He's present at all times.  Omniscient.  The only moment in which Dylan and I can be together freely is in the morning, at school, but in a few days we will have the entrance test for the university and we are all too busy to be distracted.
"But you have to admit that his plan is working: your grades have really improved!"  I laugh.
"I'd rather have low grades" he mutters.
"Hmm ... Don't say that!"
I kiss him and he hugs me.
"Let's go out tonight".
"Didi ... I don't think it's a good idea..."
"We ask others to come with us! If they are there too, my dad won't  be too suspicious!"
"Are you sure?"
"I'm sure of it. Shen Yue ... Please, I need to spend some time with you or I'll go crazy!"
Maybe he's right ... After all, going out with friends is a very normal thing.
I nod and Dylan smiles happily.

POV MR WANG
Yue approaches me with a mountain of huge encyclopedias in her arms.  I can't help but be amazed at her physical strength every time.
I help her to place them on one of the tables in the Bookstore.
"How many times have I told you to use the trolley to move the books? You'll end up having a nice backache one day!"
"Don't worry, Mr. Wang! I'm young and strong!"  she winks at me.
"Ah! You make fun of this poor old man, eh?"  I laugh.
She smiles and she starts arranging other books.
"Mr. Wang, some classmates have invited me and Didi to a barbecue at the river tonight ... Do you mind if we go?" she asks me.
She and Didi...
It is now clear to me that there is something between them.  Even if I try to keep them away, I noticed that my son takes every opportunity to touch her.  And Yue's eyes say, indeed they scream, what she feels for him: she always looks at him with sweetness and attention.
"All right, but don't come back too late" I reply.
I am happy for them, sincerely.  I couldn't ask for better for my son!  But his grades have improved in this period and this means that a little bit of distance, for the moment, can do nothing but good.
And then it's fun to see them so busy trying to hide the truth from me!

POV DYLAN
"Guys! How nice to be here all together!"  Yue exclaims, hopping like a child.
We are along the river bank with Jaqi, Caesar, Darren, Connor and Kido.
"Don't pretend to be happy to have us here, we know you used us as a pretext to escape from Mr. Wang" Caesar grins.
Yue blushes.
"Oh! You hurt my feelings!"  I exclaim, hugging him and pretending to want to kiss him, while he tries to push me away in disgust.
"How stupid you are!"  laughs Jaqi.
"Here we are! Dinner is ready!"
Connor raises some skewers of meat to the sky, as a sign of victory.
We all sit on some big boulders and start eating.
"Yueyue, get more meat ... You have to put some fat in those arms!"  Kido fills Yue's plastic plate and she smiles at him.
I see him sitting next to her and the two begin to chat happily.
Hey!  I didn't ask him to come and steal my time with my girlfriend!
And Yue ... This side of her makes me crazy: she always gives everyone confidence!  She's so naive!
I get closer to them.
"What are you talking about?"  I ask, sitting down.
"Kido is talking to me about a book he recently read! It looks really fun!"  Yue answers, her eyes full of light.
Kido puts his hand on her shoulder.
"Tomorrow I'll take it to school".
"Really?!"
"Of course! You have to read it absolutely! And then you have to tell me what you think about it!"
Calm, Dylan ... Breathe ... Don't lose control ...
"Since when do you like reading so much?"  I ask Kido.
He looks at me with a grin.
"To be honest, since the first year of High school Yueyue started making me find a different book in my school bag every week"
"Excuse me?"  I turn to her in disbelief.
"It was my way to make him understand that ..."
Kido opens his eyes wide.
"That...?"  he asks.
"Let's go for a walk!"  I exclaim, standing up.
The others follow me, but I understand that Kido is not satisfied.  What on earth does he want?  Yue is my girl!

POV KIDO
Was she about to say what I think?  Is it possible that Yue liked me?
I watch as she skips the stones of the river, holding Dylan's hand.
Seeing that she continues to slip, he invites her to climb on his shoulders.
They look good together, but I don't think Dylan is right for her.  They are too different.
I admit that after being refused, I haven't completely resigned myself ... I don't think I have no chance.
Apparently, from what she was about to say a while ago, Yue once liked me ... Too bad I was too dumb at the time to notice.
Why didn't she ever tell me?
"Guys! What faculty did you choose?"  asks Jaqi, as she continues to walk.
Connor will go to the school for programmers, Darren to the faculty of medicine, Caesar and Dylan to that of economics, Yue that of literature and Jaqi will study to become a film producer.
"And you, Kido?"
"Literature".
Dylan stops abruptly.
"What's up? I want to become a professor!"  I exclaim, annoyed by his angry look.

POV YUE
As the others continue their walk, Dylan stops and lets them walk away.
"What are you doing? We'll be left behind" I say.
He takes me off his shoulders and invites me to sit next to him on a boulder.
"What happens?"  I ask him, worried by his dark look.
"I was thinking that soon everything will be different ..." he murmurs, playing with the river water.
"What do you mean?"
"We will go to different schools, we will have new classmates, probably new friends ... Aren't you afraid?"
I take his hand.
"Afraid for the two of us?"  I ask him.
He nods.
"I'm afraid of all the changes that will come, Didi ... But not for the two of us. I know that we will be able to make everything work. Our faculties are part of the same campus ... They are facing each other! And we live together...It won't be that different from now, right? "
He smiles at me and hugs me hard.
"But stay away from Kido, please" he whispers, brushing my neck with the tip of his nose.
"Stop being jealous ... For me you are the only one. And he is no longer interested" I say, stroking his hair.
"Tsk... Of course... " he mutters.

POV SU
Daddy fell asleep on the couch while we watched a cartoon.  The house is so empty without Didi and Yueyue ... And it scares me.
I try to wake my dad, but fail.  He's very heavy sleeper.
Phew ... What can I do?  The television has turned off and I can't find the remote control.
I could go to the room to play ... But I don't want to go alone.
Suddenly I hear the front door open and I paralyze with fear.
What if he's a thief ?!
"Do you think they have already gone to bed?"
This is Yue's voice!
I run to them and hug her very hard.
"Hey, puppy!"
"Did daddy fall asleep?"  my brother asks me.
"Yup".
"Poor puppy, were you afraid?"  Yue kisses me on the cheek.
"Of course not!"  I exclaim.
"Come on, Yue takes you to bed ... Meanwhile, I wake up daddy" says Dylan.
Once in the room, Yue rolls my covers and sits next to me.
"How are you?"  she asks me with her usual sweet tone.
"Fine... But I miss you and Didi ... Daddy does everything to keep you from being together ..."
"I know, honey ... But there's still little time left and everything will return to normal"
I let her stroke my face and I wonder if it's appropriate to tell her what happened today at school ... I haven't talked about it to anyone yet.
"Yueyue?"
"Yup?"
"Xixi told me that she likes me".
Here, now she begins to cry, I knew it ... She cries when she's sad and she cries when she's happy ... Sometimes it's difficult to understand her.
"Come on! It's a beautiful news! I knew she would succumb! No one can resist the charm of my puppy!" she hums, embracing me.
I laugh.
I don't think anyone will ever support me as much as Yueyue does.

POV MR WANG
I get up from the couch, still a bit groggy from the long sleep.
I hear someone talking softly in the corridor, in front of Su's room.
I approach slowly to hear better, remaining hidden.
It's Wang He Di and Shen Yue.
"You cried?"  he asks her, worried.
She nods with a big smile.
"What happened?"
"Xixi told Su that she likes him!"
He Di opens his eyes wid and he raises his fists in the air, super happy.
The two hug each other and jump.
I hold a laugh.
I'm so proud of them!
I approache them pretending not to have heard anything ... As soon as they see me, they break off from each other suddenly.
"Good night" I say, heading to my room.
"Good night!"
I turn slightly to look at them and I see that they exchange an alarmed look.
It's funny... Sooo funny!

Author's Corner
Ciao!
Thank you for all your comments ❤️hope you'll like this chapter! 😘
A big hug 💜💛
Lucrezia