TRUE COLORS

POV DYLAN
Here we are!  Today is the big day!
Finally we are ready to open our library!
I turn to Yue, who is arranging the refreshment table.
We have organized a small party for our friends and customers.  I look at her from afar and my heart starts to beat faster.  Will I ever get used to her beauty?  Every time I look at her, I seem to discover a new detail of her ... And every time she leaves me breathless.

I approach quickly and hug her from behind

"Hey! Are you worried?"  I ask her.
She stops and lifts her head, giving me the sweetest of smiles.
"A little ... Soon everyone will see the fruit of our hard work. I really hope our customers will appreciate the changes we have made. And I hope your father will be proud of us" she replies.
"I'm sure it will be so" I whisper, squeezing her more and kissing her cheek.
"Hey, lovebirds! Is the party here ?!"
Caesar and Jaqi join us in the library.
"What are you doing here ?! You should be in bed to rest!"  Yue scolds Jaqi, who hardly embraces her with her belly.
In a few days the baby should be born.
"Oh, stop blaming me! How could I stay at home on such an important day for you ?!" she complains.
"Tsk! Come on, sit down now!"  Yue smiles.
"Stop it, Yue!"
"Guys! There's a lot of people out there!"  exclaims Caesar.
"Really? Damn, it's time to open!"  Yue murmurs, nervous.
I take her by the hand and I look her straight in the eye.
"Everything will be fine, Shen Yue. Let's start this new, beautiful, adventure together" I smile at her.
She nods holding my hand.
We are ready.

POV YUE
We go out and be surprised when we see how many people came to see our library open.
There are all our friends, some relatives of Dylan, his father, Wang Su, my aunt, clients who used to go to the bookstore and many other people we don't know yet.
My legs are shaking with emotion ... If Dylan were not there to hold my hand, I would have already fallen to the ground.
"Good afternoon, everyone! Thank you very much for coming!"  Didi says aloud, while quietly falls.
We wanted to prepare a speech, but every time we ended up distracting ourselves and so we decided to improvise.
He takes a quick look at me and I understand it's my turn.
"Good afternoon! For those of you who don't know us yet, I am Shen Yue and he is Wang He Di. We're happy that you're all here to witness the rebirth of our creature. Creature. This is the word Mr. Wang used when he  asked us to take in our hands the fruit of the effort, sacrifices and love  of him and his wife. Wang He Di and I are deeply honored to have something so important in our hands and we promise that we will work hard to make this a warm, welcoming, colorful, relaxing, inspiring, special place for all of you. We deeply believe in the magic of books ... In their power to transform us into better people, able to reason  with our own head and to open our mind to what we don't know, but also capable of dreaming and letting ourselves be transported to another world".
I look up at Dylan, who looks at me with admiration.
I give him a little nod and he nods too.
He clears his throat and takes the word.
"We would like to thank our father for this immense gift. You and my mother have dedicated your whole life to this bookstore and you have taught us what the word Dedication means and how important it is to put love in everything we do. Thanks also to our little brother, Wang Su, to be our greatest fan and dispenser of advice. Thanks to our friends, especially Caesar, for the great help they have given us in these months of work.
Thank you, for being here to show us your affection and your curiosity.
And finally ... I would like to thank a very special person ... My best friend, my refuge, my life partner, my love: Shen Yue.  I saw this little hurricane climb from all sides like a monkey to paint ... I saw her use hammers, screwdrivers, drills, saws ... And I saw the happy smile on her tired face every night when we locked  the door.
Thanks, Shen Yue.  I love you".
He looks me in the eyes, smiling tenderly at me, while the crowd around us begins to applaud.
I feel some tears running down my face.  I push away a tuft of hair that covers his forehead and without thinking about it a second longer, I kiss him in front of everyone.