DAY 210

POV YUE
"So, Yueyue? Did Dylan ask you?"
I lock the door of the Bookstore and I turn to Jaqi.
"What do you mean?" I ask her.
"The ball! Did he ask you to go to the ball with him ?!" she answers, exasperated.
Oh, yeah ... last year's ball. Jaqi has been tormenting me for two weeks.
"No, he didn't ask me. Why should he? He'll certainly have some other girl to invite."
"And it doesn't bother you?"
"Of course not".
"Mmh ... And why didn't you accept any invitation so far? Isn't it just by chance that you're waiting for him?"
She looks at me slyly and she winks at me.
"Nonsense."

POV DYLAN
"Shen Yue is lat," I whisper, glancing at the clock.
"She's with Jaqi, I heard her a little while ago" says Caesar, who is sitting on the living room floor while playing with Su.
Tonight he will stay with us.
"Have you already asked her to go to the ball?" he asks me.
I sigh and shake my head.
"No ?! And what are you waiting for ?! I've already seen at least six people come forward with her! You have to give yourself a move!" he exclaims, incredulous.
"I know I know..."
"What is it that keeps you so much? You love her, don't you?"
Damn, is it really that obvious?
"Of course he loves her!" Su intervenes, smiling.
"You don't get involved" I mutter.
What is it that keeps me? I'm scared. I'm dying to tell her how much I like her ... But ... If she didn't reciprocate my feelings? I don't want ruin everything we have built so far.
Asking her to go to the ball would be a kind of statement, right?
After about two hours, dinner is ready and I put it on the table.
I check the time again.
Shen Yue makes me worry ... It's dark now, she shouldn't walk alone by now!
I take the phone and I call her , but she doesn't answer me.
I also try to call Jaqi, who tells me that they greeted each other at least an hour ago.
So where did she go? Why does she take so long? I begin to be nervous.
Suddenly we hear someone talking outside the front door. I look out the window to check.
It's Shen Yue ... On a boy's back. And now who is this ?!
He drops her gently and smiles at her.
"What happens?" asks Caesar, joining me at the window.
"Oooh man!" he laughs after peeking.
I decide to go to the door and open it.
Yue and the boy turn to me, surprised.
I don't say a word. They look at me like I was a fool.
"Well, now I have to go ... I hope to see you soon, Shen Yue" he says, giving her a quick kiss on the forehead.
"I hope so too! Hi! Thanks again!" she smiles, red-faced.
I hope too?! Is she flirting with another man in front of me? Really?

POV SU
Oh oh ... Dylan's face doesn't bode well.
Yueyue has just entered home.
"Hello puppy! Hi Caesar!" she exclaims, embracing me.
"Hi Yue! Luckily you arrived! I couldn't stand him anymore" Caesar chuckles, pointing to my brother.
"I'm sorry if I made you worry, but I had a drop in sugar while returning and I was struggling to stand up. Luckily that boy passed ... And luckily he had chocolate with him" she explains, as she sits down at the table with us.
"A drop in sugar? Didn't you eat today?" Caesar asks.
"I wasn't hungry".
Didi bangs his wands hard on the table. The three of us jump and look at him as if he had gone mad.
"Does it cost you so much to take care of yourself ?! And it was too much effort to make me a call ?!" he blurts, angry.
"Hey! Sometimes you don't feel hungry! And my phone was dead!" Yue replies, confused by the reaction.
"But instead you have to make sure that you don't get it! We would have prevented a stranger from taking you home in his arms!"
"What's the matter with you ?!"
"The matter is that I was worried to death and you were having fun with a womanizer!"
"He's not a womanizer!"
"Instead, yes! Who else would allow himself to kiss a girl he doesn't even know! He's disrespectful!"
"It was a kiss on the forehead!"
"It was still a kiss!"
Caesar and I exchange a look ... Here it gets bad.
"Er ... Let's watch a movie?" I propose.
"NO!" they both scream.
Ok, I've tried ... Caesar beckons me to follow him and we move into the living room.
"He already gave you his number, I guess ..." we hear Dylan mumble.
"No. But I should have asked him! At least now I would be on the phone with him instead of here to hear me preach by you" answers Yue.
"Why are they so nervous today?" I ask Caesar in a whisper.
"You know when you would like something to happen ... And you wait, wait, wait ... But this just doesn't happen?" he tells me.
I nod.
"You feel stressed, don't you?"
"Yup".
"Here, those two stupids are waiting for something to happen ... And they feel exactly like that."
How complicated are the adults...
"Are you serious?!" my brother shouts again.
"Very serious!"
"Oh, sure ... I hope so too ... But please! Does it seem like something to say to someone you have known for five minutes ?!"
"You're an idiot, Wang He Di!"
"No, you are an idiot Shen Yue!"
"You!"
"You!"
"No, you!"
We hear a dish banging hard.
"WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME ?!" Yue yells.
"I WANT TO GO TO THE BALL WITH YOU!" shouts Dylan.
Caesar and I open our EYES wide.
Did he really ask her ?! And yelling at her like that ?! Those two...

POV YUE
"Excuse me?"
"You heard it, don't make me repeat it" Dylan mumbles, not looking at me.
Hey, heart? Why don't you stop beating so hard? He might hear you.
To the ball. With Didi. Him and I.
Well, it's not new ... No? He and I do everything together.
But this is about the ball.
Why is he asking me? Was it possible that he didn't find another girl willing to accept his invitation?
"So?" he asks me uncertainly.
After all, even I don't have anyone to go to ... At least with him I would feel at ease.
I nod.
"Yes?"
"Yes".
His eyes light up with joy and a huge smile opens up on his face.
"Great! OK GUYS! LET'S WATCH 101 DALMATIANS" he exclaims, hopping towards the living room.
I burst out laughing. His mood sometimes changes so quickly as to make my head spin.

POV DYLAN
She said yes. She said yes. She said yes. She will come to the ball with me!
It doesn't seem real!
While we are all four on the sofa, I turn towards her, who is sitting next to me.
Su is in Caesar's arms.
Feeling observed, she turns around and looks at me with a questioning look.
"Sorry for what I said earlier" I say softly.
She smiles to me and she takes my hand.
I love to feel her thin fingers intertwined with my ...
"Anyway, you are the idiot" she whispers to me, returning to watch the movie.
I hold a laugh and I just squeeze her hand.

POV CAESAR
While Dylan is in Su's room to put him to sleep, I stay on the couch alone with Yue.
I look at her ... And I find myself thinking that I really don't understand this girl: does she guess or not what Dylan feels for her? Is it possible that she doesn't realize it? And she? Is she aware of what she feels for him?
"And so you'll go to the ball with He Di" I say.
"Yes".
"You like him, don't you?"
I feel her holding her breath.
"Yueyue, I would never tell him ... Don't worry" I smile at her.
She looks me straight in the eye for a few seconds, uncertain.
Before I can hear the answer, Dylan comes back to us and he sits down in the middle.
"Everything okay? You're weird" he says.
"Yueyue was telling me what you did on this sofa and I don't think I want to sleep here again" I grin.
Both blush like tomatoes and Dylan hits me with a pillow.
"Still quiet, I'll take the couch. You can sleep in my room" he smiles at me.
"I accept the offer, thanks!"

POV DYLAN
I close the door of my room, where Caesar settled, and step into Yue's room to say good night.
She is climbing on a chair and she is arranging a shirt in the closet.
To make her angry, I stole it from her hands. She looks at me badly and she tries to take her back, but I hold it too high for her.
Without saying anything, she comes up to me and she takes off my glasses.
"Hey!" I laugh, surprised.
She walks away with a grin and I chase her. We run around the room laughing like fools, until I can take her by the wrists.
In an attempt to escape me, she loses her balance and she ends up on the bed, dragging me too.
And so I find myself above her, while still clutching her wrists, holding them firmly to her head.
We both have shortness of breath ... I look at her. Her cheeks are red, her lips parted and her eyes full of questions. Her body pressed against mine is freaking me out ...
Neither of them seems to have the courage to say anything.
I let go one of her wrist and with my free hand I stroke her face.
I can't think of anything except how beautiful she is right now ... So helpless and sweet beneath me.
Pushed like a magnet, I close my eyes and go down slowly, until I touch her soft lips with mine.
And here's chills. Just chills. All along the body.

POV YUE
Dylan's lips press more firmly against mine, while his tongue asks me for permission to enter. What is going on? How did we end up at this point?
I feel his hand caress my hair tenderly and something in my stomach makes a somersault. I open my mouth and I let his tongue intertwine with mine in a dance that is taking me to another world ... I tie my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss even more.
We separate only when we are both short of air.
Dylan looks at me in a whole new way ... He smiles softly at me and gives me a kiss on the tip of my nose.
I can't say a word ... And apparently not even him. After a few moments of observing us, he shifts his weight above me and lies down beside me. He extends an arm and once again I find myself crouched against him.
Another night together ... But this time I don't know if I'll be able to sleep.

Author's corner
Ciao!
And ... la la la la ... To you the comments 🤭🤭
Thank you so much for everything 💜💛
Lucrezia