MEMORIES

POV CAESAR
The Bed and Breakfast run by Connor's friend, Dong Xin, consists of a small mountain cabin.
Me, Jaqi, Connor, Dylan, Xixi, Su and Yue, should have arrived in the afternoon, but after we lost at least four times, we managed to reach the cabin only in the evening.
"Are we the only guests?"  Connor asks Xin.
"Yes. I wanted you to enjoy these vacation days to the fullest and I avoided taking other reservations," she replies, smiling.
"Thank you very much!"
"You're welcome! I'm glad you came! Dinner is almost ready, you can go and fix your things in the meantime. Come, I'll show you your rooms!"
I will share the room with Jaqi, Su with Dylan, Connor with Darren and Yue with Xixi.
We all eat together the dinner prepared by Xin and then we gather around the fireplace, some on the sofas, some on the floor.
"If you don't mind, I'm going to take a shower," says little Xixi.
Su nods and watches her go towards the bathroom.
"Hey, Su! Is her your primary school sweetheart? Are you still together?"  asks Connor.
"Lower your voice! And ... No, we're not together."
"Oh, but he'd like it that way!"  laughs Dylan.
Su looks at him badly.
"Wait ... So you still like her!"  exclaims Darren.
"Of course I like her! Have you seen her?!"  Su blurts out, exasperated.
We all look at each other and burst out laughing.
"Does she know?"  asks Jaqi, sitting on my lap.
"No ... Or maybe she suspects, I don't know. Pff, she has a crush on an idiot in our class. When we started middle school, she told me it was better to be just friends. And now she drool over that other one!".
"Are you sure? Maybe she just want to make you jealous... I think she looks at you in a sweet way" I say.
"I'm not sure of anything anymore," murmurs Su.
Dylan looks up at the sky and scolds him: "I told you what your problem is: you treat her too well! You follow her every whim, you give her what she wants even before she asks, you always worry about her... You're too kind and too present! You have to take my example! How do you think I conquered Shen Yue when we still went to school? I despised her, I treated her badly and tadaaaaan! The girl fell in love in a second!"
"I fell in love with you when you stopped treating me badly, idiot," Yue replies, beating his arm.
"This is what you believe ... But see, Shen Yue, you were crazy about me a long, long time ago."
The two are on the couch ... Yue is leaning with her back against his chest, while Dylan keeps her embraced from behind.  Ok that now they are friends ... But ... It seems to me that there is a lot of intimacy between those two ... And this afternoon, in the car, I could swear I saw Dylan give her a kiss on the forehead!
"Absolutely not," Yue replies.
"Are you really sure?"  Dylan holds her tighter and she raises her head to face him.
Her cheeks turn red.
"You're blushing! Why are you blushing ?!" he exclaims, surprised.
Yue looks elsewhere and does not respond.
"SHEN YUE! Why are you blushing ?!"
"I'll tell you later," she whispers, holding back a laugh.
"Connor told me that you two broke up for a long time ... It's nice to see that you can talk about your past relationship without problems," says Dong Xin.
The two exchange a look and smile softly.
Don't tell me that...
"Oh yes! Now that we're back together, it's very easy to talk about it," Dylan says.

POV JAQI
I knew it!  I knew it!  I knew it!
Their looks, their continuous grazing, their smiles ...
Aaaaaaah!  I'm so happy for Dylan and Yueyue!
I jump off Caesar's knees and run to hug my best friend.
"Hey! Be careful! I remind you that you're pregnant!"  she exclaims, returning the embrace.
"Pregnant and happy!"  I scream, without ceasing to hold her.
The boys compliment Dylan and slap him on the back.
"Finally! You two idiots have made us suffer the torments of hell in these years! Woe to you if you dare to combine some other foolishness!"  Darren threatens them, pointing a finger at them.
"No more foolishness guys, promised. Whatever happens, we'll face it together," smiles Yue.
"Well, I'd say it's a good time to celebrate! I'm going to get the wine!"  Dong Xin gets up and hops towards the kitchen.
"And anyway, puppy, don't listen to your brother. Just do what your heart and your head tells you ... You are much better than him, remember that," says Yue, turning to Su.
"Hey!"  snorts Dylan, while we all laugh.