DAY 211

POV DYLAN
Open my eyes and find her at my side still asleep. Tighten her harder to breathe her scent. Shake on contact with her soft skin. I wanted this to wake up ... So why do I find myself in bed alone?
Shen Yue ... Are you going to run away from me?
I get up and I go to the kitchen.
Breakfast is ready on the table, but she's not there.
And who wants to eat now?
I think back to the kiss we exchanged ... It's true, I kissed her, but she answered! And it was ... Magical. Simply magical. I've never felt so alive, terrified, happy, lost, confused, excited like last night. And her hands caressing my neck and her heavy breathing made me believe that it was the same for her. I was wrong?

POV YUE
Jaqi is talking about a movie she saw last night, when Dylan arrives in class and goes to my desk.
"You went out earlier this morning" he says, looking me in the eye.
"Yeah ... I had to ask Mrs Dong for something" I say, trying to stay calm.
"Can we talk for a moment?"
"It's not the case, soon the lesson begins"
A flash of sadness runs through his face.
"After school? I'll walk you to the Bookstore, okay?" he tries again.
I nod and he smiles at me.
When he returns to his seat, Jaqi immediately turns to me, curious.
"Have you had a fight?" she asks me.
"No".
"Sure? There was a lot of tension in the air! And then what does he want to talk to you about? It seemed important!"
"Yesterday ... We kissed" I confess, covering my face with my hands.
"WHAAAAAT?!"
"Shhh! Jaqi!"
"Sorry, sorry! But ... damn it! You kissed! Oh God! How did it happen? Did he kiss you? Was it you? Did he declare himself? I want to know everything!"
I tell her everything and she listens to me in silence.
When I finish, she draw a long sigh.
"Why did you run away? What's wrong?" she asks me.
"I'm afraid ..." I whisper.
"About what?"
"About what he wants to tell me. I'm afraid he'll tell me that it was just a mistake, a moment of madness ... And I'm afraid he tells me it wasn't and that he likes me. In both cases, things between us would change ... And I don't think I'm ready ".
"Yueyue, you must not be afraid! You must be honest with yourself and with Dylan. You like him... And he likes you. Just count this, don't think of anything else!"
No. I can't do it.

POV DYLAN
Shen Yue didn't wait for me to go to the Bookstore ... I also went to see her there, but she had too much work to be able to talk.
I tried again before and after dinner ... More excuses.
God, what an effort!

Author's corner
➡️