Goodbye.

Another 2 months went by and nothing changed. So, I gave up. I stopped texting and calling all the time. I sat with my girls at lunch instead of trying to sit with him.
The school year was coming to an end when I heard a rumor going around. "Colby and Sam are moving to LA to pursue a career in YouTube."
I wasn't sure if I should believe it or not. I let it go until I saw Sam post about it on Snapchat.

 I let it go until I saw Sam post about it on Snapchat

I sent a chat to Sam and asked him if it was true. He responded back with "Yeah, we're moving when school is over."
My heart dropped, and I waited to talk to Colby till after school.
About an hour after school let out, I got into my car and drove over to Colby's house. I bit my lip, hesitating to get out. I sighed before gathering my things and getting out of the car. I walked up to the front door, knocking on it. Sam answered. "Hunter. Hey, what's up?" I smiled a little "is Colby home? I wanted to talk to him." Sam nodded, moving aside "yeah, he's in his room." I thanked him, walking up the stairs. I knocked on the door, Colby was packing. He looked up at me "Hey Hunter. What're you doing here?" He continued to pack. I bit my lip, leaning against the door frame. "When were you going to tell me that you're moving? To Los Angeles?"
He looked up at me and stood up, "I was going to." I laughed "when? When you're getting in the car to go to the airport?"
Colby sighed, walking closer "Hunter, I'm sorry." I knew he was genuine about it.
"I found out from rumors and Sam's Snapchat."
"And I know that makes me look like a bad friend but I was waiting for the perfect time.."
I rolled my eyes, not wanting to believe him.
"Colby Brock you are full of yourself."
He watched me, he had pain in his eyes. He didn't think I'd ever say anything like that to him.
"Hunter, I know you're upset and I know it's because of me. But c'mon don't be like that."
I shook my head "Bye Colbs." I left, walking down the stairs and passed Sam who was walking up. "Hunter?" My eyes filled with tears and Colby came running down after me. "Hunter." He grabbed my hand and butterflies filled my tummy. I looked up at him, not saying anything. He wiped my tears away and gave me a big hug. I hugged back, burying my face in his chest. I knew this would be the last time I hugged him for who knows how long. The last time I could feel his warmth, and inhale his scent. I pulled away, walking out the front door. I knew if I said anything I'd break down crying. He watched me as I got in my car and drove away.
"Bye Colby."
"Bye Hunter."
We said at the same time to ourselves.