Partners in Crime

~the next morning~
I woke up smiling. All I dreamt about last night was Colby. I went downstairs to my mailbox, grabbing some envelopes. I noticed one had something in it other than a piece of paper. I went upstairs and opened everything.
"I got a letter from Liam." I told Ellie. She looked at me "what did it say?" I shrugged "I haven't opened it yet." "Good, cause when you were downstairs, Liam called." She handed me my phone and Liam was on FaceTime "Liam!" He smiled "Hey Hunter! I was calling to see how everything was. I heard you got my mail." I nodded, biting my lip. "Well open it." I laughed and Ellie sat next to me, holding my phone for me. I opened it, reading the letter

"Hunter,
I know this is kind of lame but I wanted you to have something that reminded you of me. This letter is a special letter cause it smells like me. Go ahead, smell it."

I laughed a little, smelling the piece of paper. It smelled just like him. I covered my mouth, tearing up. I continued to read.

"Yeah, girls are usually the ones that do this but Brandon gave me the idea. I could've just sent you a hoodie or something but I didn't want you know who to get upset with me. So here's a piece of paper that smells like me. I also suck at writing letters so ignore my bad grammar.
Also, in the envelope is a necklace."

I opened the envelope, pulling out the necklace.
I smiled, looking at it.

"I wish I could be there to put it on you, but Ellie will have to do that for me. I hope we can get together soon. I miss you.
Love,
Liam."
I grabbed my phone "Liam! I love it." I wiped my face and he showed me his keychain. He had the other half. "Cause we're partners in crime." I laughed a little. "I wish you were here to put it on. And the paper, tell Brandon good thinking." I laughed "I love it."
"Why don't you tell him yourself?"
That's when he opened the door and they walked in. I dropped my phone, covering my mouth. Liam laughed a little and opened his arms. I ran to him, jumping into his arms and wrapping my legs around his waist. I knocked his hat off in the process. I buried my face into his shoulder.

Ellie teared up a little, and Brandon walked over to her

Ellie teared up a little, and Brandon walked over to her. They stood there, watching as I cried into Liam's shoulder. Liam closed the door, crying a little. I looked at him "you're here! You're in California! In my dorm room!" He laughed, nodding "I'm here." "Hello! I am too!" I laughed, "Hey Brandon." I couldn't help but just watch Liam. He smiled and I buried my face into his shoulder again. "You fricking little butt." He laughed and set me down.

I grabbed his hand, not wanting to let go. He kissed my forehead "Did you like your surprise?" Ellie asked. I laughed "you knew?!" She nodded, smiling "I helped him plan it all."
I looked at Brandon "hey." He walked up to me "hey." I hugged him and he picked me up, spinning me around. I laughed and he set me down "it's nice to actually meet you." He said. I nodded "you too." "So why don't we put your necklace on?" I nodded, handing it to Liam. He took it and I turned around. He placed it around my neck, clasping it in the back. I reached for it with my hand, holding it. I turned back around when he was finished. He smiled, holding his half up to mine. "Perfect." I hugged him again. He hugged me back. "I love you so damn much." I breathed in his scent, melting in his embrace. "I love you too." He said and I pulled away. He wiped my face, kissing my forehead again. I smiled.
"I have to show you around! I'll take you to the stables and then we can go meet all of my friends! You'll love them. You too Brandon."
He smiled "thanks, I'd love to." I smiled back and kept my arms wrapped around Liam's waist.
"Want to go?" I asked and they all nodded. I grabbed my hat and grabbed Liam's that I had knocked off. "There's my cowgirl." He said, grabbing my hand. I smiled, putting his hat on his head "and there's my cowboy."
We all went downstairs and got into an Uber, heading to the stables. "When do you go back?" I asked him. "Tomorrow.." my heart sunk "so soon.." he nodded "We have classes Tuesday." I nodded, "okay." We arrived at the stables and I showed them around. "I'd love to show you guys a run but today I'm giving Imperial a break. If you want to see a real run you'll have to come to a competition. I'm entering the one in December."
After about an hour of walking around the stables and land we headed to the Trap House.
Once we got there we walked inside "can y'all come here for a second please?" I asked. Thankfully everyone was downstairs. Everyone came over and I was holding Liam's arm. "This is Liam, my best friend from Kansas and his roommate Brandon. Guys, this is Kat, Devyn, Corey, Aaron, Jake, Sam, Elton and Colby." Liam and Brandon shook everyone's hand.
"You're from Kansas but you don't have an accent." Aaron said to Liam. Liam laughed "cause I was born and raised in Florida. I'm going to college in Kansas."
"Now I, I was born and raised in Kansas." Brandon said.
Jake, Ellie, Brandon, Liam, Colby and I went outside to talk and hang out.
"So you're Colby." Liam said. Colby nodded "and you're Liam." "Ellie talks a lot about you." Liam said to Colby. "Really? She's talked about you too." Liam smiled. We sat around the pool with our feet hanging in. I sat down between Colby and Liam. I grabbed each of their hands, holding them "my boys..." they both smiled, Colby glanced at Liam, then just looked around.
I could feel the slight tension because they were both protective over me. They were both my best friends. I rested my head on Liam's shoulder. Even though I liked Colby, I didn't have much time with Liam.
I looked at Colby and he didn't look very happy. He was more uncomfortable than anything. He could feel me looking at him, so he looked up at me. I gave him a reassuring smile and he calmed down.