Senior Prom

February came around, and it was prom season. Our prom was in March so my friends and I decided to go shopping for our dresses one weekend.
I got in my truck and drove to TeaElla Botique, meeting them there. We went inside and spent hours trying on dresses until we all finally picked the right one. "Do you think Liam will ask you?" Mary asked. I laughed "probably not. His college is over 3 hours from here. I mean I'd like him to but I couldn't ask him to drive over 3 hours to come to a dance." Lily gasped "it is not just a dance." I looked at her and rolled my eyes. "You never know, maybe he will ask you." I laughed "to my own prom? He doesn't even attend our school Rebecca. How would he know? And I'd have to sign for his ticket anyways." I sighed as we checked out. "I don't mind spending my prom with my girls." They all went quiet "what?" I looked at them. "We'll be at prom and can hang out before and during. But we all have dates." I laughed "really? All of you?" They all nodded "lovely."
We headed back to my place. I got out, walking inside. My friends following. I went up to my room to put my dress away. Victoria stopped me, taking my dress. I looked at her "what are you doing." "Shhh and go to your room." I rolled my eyes, walking into my room.

I stopped, seeing Liam standing in my room with a sign that said "I ain't no bull rider, but will you ride with me 2 prom?" He was wearing a black cowboy hat, boots, jeans and a button down. I covered my mouth and shook my head "Liam Chris Bennett you crazy boy." I rolled my eyes, smiling big "of course." He smiled and we hugged. "You're such a jerk." I punched his arm and my friends came in. "Did y'all know?" They all nodded, smiling. I laughed, Liam wrapping his arm around me. He put his hat on my head and I looked up at him "crazy cowboy." He smiled, kissing my forehead.

We all sat around my room, on my bed, on the floor, and on chairs talking about prom.
"I cannot believe you drove over 3 hours to ask me to my own prom." He smiled "get used to it cowgirl. I'd drive 10 hours if I had to." I shook my head "you're crazy." "But you love me."
The room got quiet. My friends hadn't heard us say this to each other before. Yeah, we said it on the bus but everyone was loud. We kept it to ourselves. Until now.
"I do love you." All my friends gasped and I rolled my eyes, laughing "shut up." Liam and I couldn't stop smiling.

~The Day of Prom~
We decided to get ready for prom at my friend Savannah's house. I grabbed my makeup bag, dress, shoes, clutch and Liam's boutonniere. I walked out of my house, loading up in my truck. I drove to her house, meeting up with everyone. My girls and I were going to get ready for the next 3 hours until the boys came for photos and the limo.

 My girls and I were going to get ready for the next 3 hours until the boys came for photos and the limo

Savannah's mom offered to take photos for us when everyone arrived. We agreed, and she used Savannah's phone.
The limo pulled up with the guys and they all got out. Savannah's mom went outside to record our dates' reactions to each of us.
I stepped outside after Savannah, my eyes immediately finding Liam's. He got quiet, staring at me. I stood there, nervously biting my lip. He walked up to me, grabbing my hand "wow." I laughed a little, my cheeks turning pink "thanks. I'm-I'm not much of a long dress high heels type." I whispered, laughing nervously. He shook his head "you're beautiful." My face turned even redder. I got butterflies in my stomach. He put the corsage on my wrist and I pinned his boutonnière on his tux. He couldn't stop looking at me. I couldn't stop smiling "Liam." He snapped out of it "Yeah?" "You look very handsome." He smiled, his cheeks turning pink. I giggled and we all took photos.
We piled into the limo and headed to the prom.
It was going to be a great night and I couldn't wait.
~4 hours later~
After 4 hours of dancing, eating, talking, and photo taking it was time to head home. I walked outside, calling for an Uber. Liam followed, standing next to me. "It's cold." He took his jacket off and wrapped it around me. I smiled, looking up at him "I had a great night." He smiled back "me too."
I bit my lip, looking down for a minute. "What?" He asked. "Wanna spend the night? Better than sleeping in a hotel tonight." He thought for a moment before deciding "sure but slight problem." I raised an eyebrow "I don't have clothes to sleep in." I laughed a little and the Uber pulled up "my brother probably has a shirt and shorts you can borrow." He nodded and we got into the car.
~15 minutes later~
We arrived at my house. I thanked the driver, getting out. We walked inside, the warmth of the house relaxing us. "Caleb!" I walked upstairs towards my room. He hollered from his room "Yeah?" I took my shoes off, walking to his room. "Do you have a shirt and like basketball shorts Liam can borrow?" He looked at me confused for a second before getting up and getting them. He handed them to me "uh, does mom and dad know you have a boy sleeping over?" He asked softly. I took the clothes, "no not yet.. he'll be staying in the guest room anyways. It's just till morning." He laughed "good luck." I rolled my eyes before walking back to my room. I handed Liam the clothes "here, these should fit."
He took them, "thanks."
I walked into the bathroom across from my room taking off my makeup and jewelry "the guest bathroom and bedroom are down the hall. He went, and got changed. I went into my room, closing the door. I got changed then went to him. I knocked on the door and he was already out. I smiled, closing the door and walking back to my room. I closed the door, getting into bed.
I looked at Snapchat, seeing Colby at a concert of some sort. I sighed, going through the whole thing.
"2 more months Hunter. Just two more months and you'll be in LA. Maybe you'll run into him and things will start up again.."
I watched my phone as Colby sang and danced to the songs. "Colby Brock why did you have to leave so soon?" I asked myself before turning my phone off and going to sleep.
My dreams were filled with Colby and honestly, I couldn't wait to see him again.

*****
A/N: Hey everyone! Thought I'd just make it clear that Liam and Hunter are just best friends. There's nothing going on between them. They were able to move past the whole awkward "I like you." so don't expect something to happen. Next chapter is graduation and moving so Colby and the rest of the group will be appearing very soon! Enjoy!
Love y'all
-Drew