The Present

Junior year wasn't anything special. Our Junior class trip, homecoming week, and prom were the big events.
The summer of Junior year was great! I practiced barrel racing and was in the stables basically 24/7. I couldn't wait for Senior year to come and go so I could go to college. I wasn't completely ready to leave the country life, so I'm definitely going to enjoy Senior Year as much as I can.
Even though I'll be moving to the city, I found out I can transfer a horse or two to a horse boarding facility. Where I'm thinking about going to college is only 30 minutes out of LA, and the horse stables are only 15 minutes which is awesome.
~~
Senior year hoco 2016. Age: 19.
The most common colored dress a country girl might wear is a light blue dress. And boy let me tell you there were quite a few of them in different styles. I decided not to wear one of those. This was my homecoming outfit

The pearls made me feel a little more dressy but the boots made me comfortable

The pearls made me feel a little more dressy but the boots made me comfortable. It's the perfect combination.
You're probably wondering if I had a date to homecoming and the answer is no. My girls and I went together! Okay 3 of my girls and I went together. The other 2 had dates, but they still hung out with us.
It was a long night, but by the end of it I wanted to go to iHop and get some pancakes. Of course none of my friends wanted to go with me at 12am, so we decided we'd go in the morning.
~~
Senior Trip- 2016 Greenbush Camp & Retreat Center

It's a typical place for summer camps, family gatherings, etc

It's a typical place for summer camps, family gatherings, etc. but our class advisor was able to rent the place out for 3 days so we could go have fun! It was in October anyways, so no one ever really visited the cabins.

It was the evening of the first day.
We were all in the cafeteria eating dinner. It kind of felt like school but it was nicer. My friend Victoria nudged my arm and I looked up at her, "what?" She was smiling "cute bus boy checking you out at 3 o'clock." I looked to my right, making eye contact with a cute boy. I smiled a little before looking away. All of my friends were staring at me like I was crazy. "What?" My friend Savannah spoke up "you aren't going to talk to him?"
I laughed, "I don't know.."
"What do you mean you don't know?" Victoria spoke up. "Girl you're single, he's single, and he's cute."
"You don't know if he's single." I said, taking a bite of food.
"He better be if he's lookin at you like that. And you admitted he's cute."
I rolled my eyes. "It wouldn't matter. I'm going to LA when I graduate. Long distance would be hard."
"And if you love the person enough you can make it work."
"I'm kind of hoping when I go to LA I'll run into Colby."
"Colby the blue eyed boy that almost left without saying goodbye Colby?" My friend Mary asked.
"Yeah.." they all laughed. "Girl it wouldn't hurt to try." My friend Savannah said. I rolled my eyes at them. "Whatever." I continued to eat and they all left the table. I watched them walk towards the buffet, getting more food. I looked at my phone of pictures/videos of the trip down here and continued to eat.
A few minutes later I saw a group of people out of my peripheral, standing next to me. I looked up to see my friends and the boy with them. I finished chewing my food and watched them, waiting for an explanation.
Victoria sat the boy down across from me. "Hunter, Liam, Liam, Hunter." Victoria said and they all walked away. I glared at them before looking at him. He put his hand out and I shook it "I'm Liam." He smiled. I smiled back, "Hunter."
"I'm sorry about them they can be a little... crazy.." he chuckled "no worries."
I watched him "I couldn't help but notice, you don't have an accent."
He nodded "yeah, cause I'm not originally from Kansas. I'm from Florida."
"Really? Well dang, what's a city boy like you doin in a country place like this?" I smiled, jokingly.
He smiled back, "College." I laughed "what, no good colleges in Florida?" "I lived there my whole life and wanted to get away. Plus I have family here. My cousins live here so at least I know people." I nodded "understood."

"So, you grew up in Kansas your whole life?"
"Yeah, born and raised in the country."
"Horseback riding?" He asked. "Professionally." His eyebrows raised "so a cowgirl." "And proud."
We talked until my class had to go outside for the bonfire. I ended up inviting him to sit with me and he accepted.
After the bonfire it was quite a walk in the dark to the cabin. I felt okay on my own but it was nice to have company since none of my friends could be found.
He walked me to the cabin, stopping a few feet from the door. "I had a great night. I'm glad I met you." I smiled, "me too." He leaned over, kissing my cheek. "Good night Hunter." He said, before walking away. "Good night." I said, waving a little before going inside.
I couldn't stop smiling from ear to ear, I was pretty pink in the cheeks, my heart was racing, and of course my friends noticed.
They quickly came up to me. "How was it?!" Savannah asked. "How did it go?!" Victoria asked. "Are y'all dating now?!" Rebecca asked.
I laughed "great, wonderful, and no." They all lost their excitement.
I got changed into my pajamas and got ready for bed. I pulled the blankets down, sitting in bed. "I've still got my heart on someone else and I just don't think the long distance would work."
They all sighed saying alright, whatever, and goodnight.
I laid down, looking at the bunk bed above me. I had to admit it. Even though Colby isn't mine, he has my heart.