Horseback Riding Adventure

The next morning
I woke up to the sound of my alarm. The entire class had to be up at 7:30am to get together for Bible study and then breakfast. I groaned, turning my alarm off and rolling back over. A few minutes later I woke up to Victoria shaking me. I smacked her hands "whaaaaat?" I rubbed my eyes, trying to look at her "We have to get going. Get your ass up and get dressed!" I rolled my eyes, closing my eyes again.

Savannah walked over "Hunter, if you don't wake up we're going to drag you out of bed." I laughed softly "I dare–" I screamed as Rebecca pulled me out of bed. I landed on the floor, looking up at them. "Listen sweetie, you may be a cowgirl but when you're tired you ain't that strong." Rebecca said before putting her hand out to help me up. I grabbed it, pulling her down. "Think again."

I got up, grabbing my clothes and walking to the bathroom to get changed. I braided my hair  to the side and walked out once I was finished. I grabbed my boots and put them on. I was wearing a red flannel and jeans. "Ready?" I asked them and they all nodded. We walked out of the cabin and went to the building where we would have Bible study. After that was finished, we all walked to the cafeteria to get some breakfast. Today the class was going to have some bonding kinda games but I didn't feel like doing them and since I didn't want to I was able to do whatever I wanted.
I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and spin me around. I squealed and then was put down, the person covering my eyes.
"Morning darlin." The country accented boy spoke. I laughed awkwardly "and you are?"
He moved his hands and I opened my eyes "Liam!" We laughed as I playfully punched his arm. He smiled and we started walking again. Of course my friends left us. "You been practicing your country accent?" He nodded, feeling proud "Yeah, you think it's good?" I smiled "I didn't recognize it being you so yeah it was pretty good. But it was only two words."
"Is that a challenge? Don't think I can speak a sentence with one?" I shook my head and he thought for a minute. "Darlin, would you like to go on a trail ride with me today?" He asked. I tried not to laugh at his accent as it wasn't that great. He watched me like he was waiting for a response. "Wait really?" I stopped, looking at him. He nodded "uh, yeah?" I bit my lip hesitantly before nodding "sure, I'd love to." He smiled big, before walking again. We got to the cafeteria and he opened the door for me. We walked inside, our eyes adjusting to the light. "I'll see you after breakfast?" He asked while walking away to the kitchen. I nodded "where?" "The stables." "Okay." I waved goodbye and he smiled again before walking away. I grabbed a tray and plate getting my breakfast. I scanned the room, finally spotting my friends. I walked over, but on the way was tripped by someone. I fell to the floor, my food going every where. I could hear laughing from the table the person was sitting at. My friends and Liam rushes over to me, helping me get up. I looked at the person who did it, Avery Mitchell, the "popular" girl of my class. "Aww, look who came to Hunter's help. The bus boy." I was turning red from anger and he was turning red from embarrassment. "Um, you missed a spot." She said to Liam. I clenched my teeth, knowing that our advisor was in the room and I couldn't say anything. Liam started cleaning up the mess as I walked out with my friends back to the cabin.
~10 minutes later~
I came out of the bathroom, showered and changed. I groaned, "so we have to go back?" Sarah nodded "unfortunately." I rolled my eyes and we headed back to the cafeteria.
We ate breakfast and I couldn't wait to get away from everyone. I went straight to the stables, "Liam!" I looked around for him. "Liam!" I kept calling but didn't get a response. I thought for a second before going back to the cafeteria "Liam?" I said, walking inside. He was sitting at a table. I sat next to him, "everything okay?" He didn't look at me "I've never been bullied before." I rested my head on his shoulder "I'm sorry.. you can't let Avery get to you.. she only does it for the attention and to make her ego grow." He looked up at me "Yeah?" I nodded, smiling sympathetically.
He smiled a little bit "so horseback riding?" My smile grew and I got up. I stood in front of him, putting my hand out. He laughed a little before grabbing it and we walked out.

Hand holding? We just met yesterday. I know, but we clicked instantly. He's my best friend now. We went to my room first so I could grab my white cowgirl hat. I put it on, walking out of the cabin. He was staring at me, "What?" I asked. He shook his head "nothing." I laughed. We got to the stables, getting on the horses. Well, I did. The first 2 times he got on his backwards. I watched him as he finally got on correctly. "Never ridden before?" He shook his head "nope." I laughed, "this'll be fun." I clicked my tongue and my horse started walking. The cool air and warm sun made it a perfect day for a ride. I looked back to see Liam still sitting there, completely forgetting that he didn't know what to do. I turned around, and came up beside him. "Click your tongue." He clicked his tongue and his horse started to walk. "Woah." He said nervously. I laughed, clicking my tongue and walking next to him.

~an hour later~
I got to the point again not realizing that he wasn't near me. I was enjoying the ride and the scenery. I looked around me and realized he wasn't there. I stopped, turning and looking behind me. He was stopped, sitting on his phone 20 feet away. "You okay?" I asked. "Yeah!" He put his phone away and caught up to me. My phone dinged and I opened the notification. It was a text from Liam.

"I sent you the picture and posted it on social media

"I sent you the picture and posted it on social media." He stopped next to me. I looked at the photo, saving it to my phone. "I love it." I said, smiling. He smiled back and we continued on our ride.
~3 hours later~
We were back at the stables putting the horses away. He walked over to me, petting the horse that I was. We both smiled "I had a great time today." He said. I looked at him "me too."