Merry Christmas

It was Christmas morning. My brother and sister were running around the house, waking everyone up so we could all eat then open our presents. I groaned, opening my eyes a little as Ashton jumped on the bed. "It's too early."

Ashton stopped, "and that's why I brought Caleb." She climbed off the bed and Caleb pulled me out of bed, swinging me over his shoulder. I squealed "Caleb!!" He chuckled, walking to the edge of the staircase as I was begging him to stop. He put me down and I flipped my hair back, out of my face. "You know I don't like going down the stairs upside down and backwards. He smirked, "then get up next time." They went back down the hallway, waking everyone else up.
Ellie and I walked down the stairs, sitting at the dining room table. The windows were foggy from it being so warm in the house and so cold outside. While waiting, Ellie and I watched the snow falling as it created a blanket on any surface it touched.

My parents were up and they were almost done making breakfast. It's a rule in our house that we aren't allowed to open presents until we ate because after opening them all we'd want to do is play.
Eventually everyone was sitting down at the table. Sam sat across from Caleb, Brandon sat across from Liam, Colby sat across from me, Jake sat across from Ellie my mom and sister sat across from each other and my dad sat on the end.
Christmas music was faintly playing in the background as we all talked and ate the plates we made. Gingerbread pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, many different flavors of waffles. I mean the list could go on. My parents always go over the top when it comes to holiday foods. Especially Christmas.
After our breakfast we all helped clean up and then sat on the rug. Another family tradition was to open our stockings first. My parents handed out each of our stockings and even had some for the group.
"You didn't have to do this." Colby said to my mom as she handed him his stocking.
"Yeah, you guys didn't have to. We can't accept these." Sam said.
"Free presents, I'm not going to deny those. But thank you." Jake said, smiling.
We all opened our stockings. The girls each had 3 different types of face masks, a little holiday candle in different scents, hot cocoa packs, fuzzy socks, and a bath bomb. The guys got pizza socks. Yes, socks that look like a pizza. Bottles openers. Other than Caleb of course. A Swiss Army knife, cologne and a Timex watch.

We all thanked our parents before opening our main presents. First we opened the ones from my parents. Then opened the ones from each other.

Colby got a hoodie from Ellie, a sweatshirt and shoes from me.

Liam got a pocket knife from me and a pair of Ray Ban sunglasses from Brandon