Date? Prank? Talk?

After Liam left I was pretty bummed out for a few days. I slowly returned back to my normal self by the middle of the week though. I was sitting in Professor Briggs boring math class when I received a text from Colby.

I went back to paying attention to my professor as best I could

I went back to paying attention to my professor as best I could. Okay, my mind was filled with different scenarios on what he could have planned. How could I focus now?!

I thought to myself
"Prank? Most likely. I bet it is.
Date night? Not likely.
Movie night? Maybe.
Club! Meh probably not after last weekend.
Outfit suggestion? Yeah right.
Maybe he wants to talk. What if it's serious? What if he wants to get together. I mean I wouldn't mind. I'd say yes.
That's crazy. What if he has changed his mind about us and just wants to be friends?"

I fidgeted the rest of class, not being able to focus. "Alright class dismissed." My professor said. I got up, walking out. I met up with Ellie like I normally would. "Hey.." I said.
She looked at me "What's up?"
I stopped, "Colby asked if I wanted to hang out. I said yes. Then he proceeded to tell me to come to the Trap House after all of my classes and go to the guest room. AND he used a smirky face emoji!"
I showed her the texts "could mean a variety of stuff–" "I know! I couldn't focus the rest of class trying to figure it out."
"Well he said smirky face and hanging out. Netflix and Chill." Ellie said. I laughed "doubt it." "Well it's either that, a prank, or a date."
"Lovely." I said sarcastically and headed to my next class.
I couldn't focus during this entire class either. I sighed as the professor dismissed us. I walked to my dorm, putting my bag down. I freshened up and got an Uber, heading to the house.

Me: "I'm almost there."
Colby: "Great! See you soon. 😏🤪"

I walked inside and up the stairs, saying hi to everyone. I went up to the guest room, knocking on the door. "Come in."
I hesitantly opened the door, seeing Colby standing there. He was holding roses and there was an outfit laying on the bed. He walked up to me, handing me the roses. I smiled a little, taking them. "What's all this?" He smiled "will you go on a date with me?" I smiled bigger "seriously?" "Yup. I've got the outfit here for you and the location." I nodded "yes." He smiled "great! I'll be downstairs waiting." He kissed my cheek, walking out of the room. I laughed to myself a little bit, walking over to the bed.
I looked at the outfit, thinking "where could we be going?"

I got changed and walked downstairs. Colby was on the couch waiting for me. When everyone looked up towards the top of the stairs, he followed. He stood up quickly, smiling. I laughed a little, walking down. He put his hand out and I grabbed it, interlocking our fingers. We headed to the front door "bye." I said to everyone.
We got into his car and headed to the secret location. I laughed a little "So where are we going?" He smiled "you'll have to wait and see. By the way, you look beautiful. As always."
I blushed a little, looking down at my outfit "you have good fashion sense." He chuckled, "Devyn and Kat helped me out."
"How did you get into my dorm?"
He smirked "Ellie left it unlocked for us."
I laughed "of course she did."
We arrived to the location. I could see some hills in the distance and there was a trail in front of us. I looked to my right, seeing the Hollywood Sign.
"Woah." He smiled and we got out.
"Don't worry, there's a few people but they'll be gone soon." He grabbed a basket from the trunk and we headed up the trail.
I kept looking out to LA the higher up we went. It was more gorgeous each time.

We got to the top and Colby set out the blanket for us. We sat down, looking at the city. I was speechless. He smiled, watching me. I looked at him, laughing a little "wow."
"I know right." Our smiles grew and we interlocked fingers.
The sun started getting low in the sky. The sky was soon painted with oranges, pinks and yellows. We ate our dinner, talking and just watching.
As the sky got darker, the city lights started coming on, illuminating the city under the painted sky.

I took my phone out taking a picture, then taking a few photos with Colby

I took my phone out taking a picture, then taking a few photos with Colby. In one of them he kissed my cheek so I decided to kiss his.
We both couldn't stop smiling.
I looked back out at the city below, resting my head on Colby's shoulder.
It was a gorgeous sight to this country girl.
I looked up at Colby and he looked down at me.. his almost glowing blue eyes stared at me. "What?" I spoke softly. He shook his head "nothing." He slowly leaned down, and I closed my eyes knowing what was coming.
His soft lips kissed mine and I kissed his, placing a hand on his neck.
It was like fireworks were going off.
My heart was pounding in my ears and my stomach was full of butterflies.
We opened our eyes, looking at each other and smiling.
After another hour we headed back down the hill and got into the car.
We held hands the entire ride back to the dorm.
He parked the car, getting out and walking me to my room.
I looked up at him and he placed a finger under my chin, lifting it gently. I stood on my tiptoes, kissing him one more time.
I smiled, "I'll see you tomorrow?" He nodded. I gave him a peck on the lips before opening the door and going inside. I stood against the door and slid down it, smiling. Ellie came out of the bathroom, looking at me "Hey Hunter. You okay?" I looked up at her "hm?"
She looked concerned "you okay?"
I nodded "mhm." I was pink in the cheeks. She smiled "date?" I nodded, getting up. "Did y'all kiss?"
I laughed a little "Ellie, I don't kiss and tell."
She gasped and I nodded. We squealed and sat down on my bed.