Mini Photoshoot

*alarm goes off at 5 am*

Today was the barrel race. I was ready as I could ever be. We all woke up early to prep Imperial and take the hour drive to Topeka.
We were leaving by 8.
I slowly sat up, trying not to disturb Ellie next to me. I looked out my window and the sun wasn't even rising yet. I stretched, not seeing any messages from Colby yet. I got out of bed, tiptoeing to the guest bedroom he and Sam were in. I cracked the door and I could see Colby's face, lit up from his phone screen.
I smiled a little and he smiled back, quietly getting out of bed.
I backed up as he walked out, closing the door behind him. "Good morning." His blue dyed hair was all messy and his voice was raspy. He kissed my cheek. I smiled, "Mornin." I held his hand, walking downstairs. The lights were on so someone must've been up.

My siblings were up, eating breakfast and watching tv. "Morning." I softly spoke and they looked at us. "Good morning." Ashton said all shy. Caleb continued to eat "sun rises in an hour and a half. If y'all eat and get dressed you can go watch the sunrise on the hill."
I laughed softly, Colby wrapping his arms around me. "And why would I get dressed to do so?" Caleb picked up the camera on the chair next to him. "If y'all are up for a mini sunrise photoshoot." I laughed nervously "I'm a photographer. Not a model. I'm supposed to be behind the camera for a reason."
Colby laughed "what are you talking about? Those photos Liam took of you and with you are amazing. And you're adorable in all of them." "He showed those to you?!"
Liam came around the corner, hearing the question. He bit his lip, looking at me. "I couldn't help it. You're my adorable best friend and his whatever friend. He had to see them."
"Liaaaaammmm." I groaned and Colby turned me around so I was facing him. "You're beautiful and shut up you're doing it." I pouted, crossing my arms. "I could just keep the surprises from you." He said softly and I looked up at him "fine." He held my face, squishing my cheeks. "Smile for me little Koala. C'mon smile." My facial expression didn't change until Colby started tickling me. Then I started squealing. He stopped, covering my mouth "shh you'll wake everyone else." I rolled my eyes and he let go of me.

I walked over to Liam, hugging him "I forgive you." He chuckled softly, hugging me back "thanks." He kissed my forehead.

I smiled, letting go and grabbing some breakfast.
We sat down, eating and talking. Everyone else, made their way downstairs and eventually everyone was eating breakfast together.
By the time everyone sat down, I was already done with my breakfast and headed upstairs.
"Woah there, where's the fire?" My dad asked, stopping me in my tracks. "We're going to watch the sunrise." He let me go and I went up to my room, changing into the "typical" plaid red shirt, jeans and boots.
I grabbed my white hat and Colby stood in the doorway. I looked at him "Cute." I said. He looked at his outfit. He was wearing a long sleeve black shirt, ripped jeans and converse. "Just my basic clothes."
"And you're cute." I stood on my tiptoes, giving him a gentle kiss. We smiled at each other, before holding hands and walking downstairs. "C'mon Caleb." "Uh, Hunter?" Ellie asked. I looked at her "yeah?" "Morning." She said. Then Jake and Sam. I covered my mouth "I'm so sorry.." I rushed over, hugging them all. "Would y'all like to join too? I wouldn't mind! I can show you Kansas a little bit.."

"Are you sure?" Ellie asked. "Yeah, we wouldn't want to intrude.." Sam said. I nodded "please! It would be really fun before the race today. And maybe we can all take photos!"
"Okay." Ellie said and we all headed out. "Oh, we need the horses." My brother said. I looked at him "Alright." We headed to the stables and I put Imperial's lead on him as Ashton put on Sadie's. "Saddles." Caleb said. "You really need me to tack them up?" He nodded. I rolled my eyes "Lucky I love you." I grabbed Imperial's saddle and tacked him up, then Sadie's.
I walked Imperial out of the stables, "Ashton give Ellie Sadie's lead." She held out the lead and Ellie hesitantly took it. "You'll be okay. Sadie's super calm and loves people." Ashton said. Ellie smiled a little before following us to the hill.
Once we reached the top of the hill we stopped.
The sun wasn't even over the horizon yet and the sky was painted with oranges, pinks and yellows. "Wow." Jake said. It took all our breath away.
Caleb actually had his truck parked on top of the hill. "What's your truck doing here?" I asked. He looked at me "oh, it'll be used in some photos and a place where y'all can change."
I laughed "uh this is supposed to be a mini photoshoot." "We've got time. It's almost 6 and we leave here at 8." I sighed "still just the photographer." "Just think of it like our photoshoot. Except instead of me having to set a timer, Caleb's taking the photos. And instead of me and you or just you in all of them.. Colby and all your other friends are too." Liam said.
I sighed again "alright fine. Mr. photographer where do you need us first?"

Caleb started directing and snapping.

~7:20am~
We finally finished with the shoot and started heading back to the stables. I was walking with Ellie "that was fun.." She nodded "you did great. I can't wait to see them. Especially ours!" I looked at her and smiled "me too." We hugged "we definitely need our own hangout day." I nodded "yes please." We smiled at each other.
I tied the horses up, preparing the trailer.

Caleb started editing and sending photos to everyone

Caleb started editing and sending photos to everyone. We all started posting them on our social media. Colby and I were very careful and didn't post any photos where we were kissing, hugging, or anything of that sort.

〰️〰️〰️〰️
(A/N will delete:
Hey guys! I really hope you enjoyed the chapter. It was kind of a spontaneous, laid back hangout before the big race for Hunter.
And knowing that there are two surprises probably isn't helping.

Don't forget to vote and let me know what y'all think!)
-Drew