School and Riding

~beep beep beep~
My alarm went off at 8am. I groaned, knowing that I was getting out of bed for school.
I grabbed my outfit and started getting changed.

Ellie woke up, rolling over and looking at me

Ellie woke up, rolling over and looking at me. "Morning." She said. I looked at her, sliding my shoes on "Morning." Remember you also have a class at 9:30 so you better get out of bed. She groaned and sat up, stretching. "Same." I said, laughing a little. I've got two classes and then I'm headed to the stables. Want to meet there after we're done?" She nodded "sure. But promise me one thing." "Sure what's up?"
"After this first week of school we party on Friday." I laughed "as long as it's at a country bar." "Whatever you want as long as it happens." "You've got my word." I smiled, grabbing my backpack. "I'll see you at the stables later okay? Don't forget about class."
"Yes and alright.." she sighed and I walked out the door.

Ellie's POV
I climbed out of bed and got dressed for the day.

I grabbed my bag and went to my first class of the day

Colby's POV
I woke up, running my hand through my hair. I have to talk to Hunter and soon. I want to see where our relationship stands and where it could possibly go. My mind filled with thoughts and memories of her and falling back asleep wasn't an option.

Hunter's POV
After I was done with my two classes, I headed over to the stables. "Good morning Imperial." I pet his nose, giving him an apple. I walked over to Sadie, petting her "morning baby girl." I said, giving her an apple as well.
I grabbed the extra pair of boots and clothes I kept at the stables in case I didn't have any. I went into Imperial's stall, changing quickly. Once finished I walked out, putting my clothes in the locker I had.
I opened Sadie's stall door and tied her up. I grabbed her saddle, reins, bridle and blanket putting them on her. Trail or arena?" I asked untying her. I walked out of the stables and got on her. We walked towards the trails to enjoy the weather.
After about an hour of riding we headed back to the stables. I looked inside, not seeing Ellie. I climbed off of Sadie to set up her arena. The jump poles.
I got back on Sadie and rode her around the arena, jumping and practicing her speed changes. After about an hour of that, we walked out of the arena. I looked inside the stables seeing Ellie standing in front of Imperial's door with someone standing next to her. I got closer, realizing it was Colby. I hopped off and grabbed her reins, leading her into her stable. I removed all of her equipment before closing the door.
"Afternoon y'all." I smiled, petting Imperial's nose. "What're you doin here Colbs?" He stopped again, looking at me "Ellie invited us." "Us?" The rest of the group pulled up and got out of the cars. I smiled "hey y'all." They got really disgusted looks on their faces. "Why does it smell like shit?" Jake asked. "Because you're in a horse stable stupid." Corey said. "They don't go outside to take a crap?" I laughed "no, Jake. They eat, sleep, and basically live where they use the bathroom." They all walked up.
"What's with you and the hats all the time?" Jake asked taking my hat off and putting it on. "It's my style." I slapped his arm "but don't take it again" I said grabbing it off his head. He held his arm.
"So what are y'all doing here anyways?" "I thought I'd invite them. Maybe you can show them how you ride." I looked at them all and back at Ellie "sure. I'll walk out to the arena with y'all so I can set up for Imperial."
We all walked out and they all stood around. I laughed "you know you could see better if you stood or sat on the bars." They all climbed up, sitting and standing. Colby walked over "need help?" I didn't look at him, taking down the poles "not really." He rubbed the back of his neck "Hunter, why have you been acting weird lately? I thought we–" "We what Colby? Be best friends like nothing happened?"

"You're still mad about that? C'mon that was a year ago." He took apart the pole setup that I was about to do. I watched him "I can start if you'd like." "Start what?" "Well first yeah I'm still mad at you for almost not telling me about how you were mov–" "Alright I'll wait till you want to talk.." he carried the poles outside of the arena. I watched him, sighing. I set up the barrels and went back into the stables. I put Imperial's equipment on and opened his door. I stood in front of him, petting his nose "alright bubba. There's a crowd out there just for you. You ready?"
I got on him and we did our run. Everyone was cheering. I hopped off and everyone was petting Imperial.
"I'd love to talk y'all trail riding one day. It'd be fun. We could go visit the Hollywood sign too."
They all agreed. I smiled, looking at Colby.
He looked at me and smiled back.
I wanted to talk to him and believe me I wanted our relationship back to where it was in the beginning. It's just.. I don't want to seem desperate and like I'm the one running after him.
"Want to come over and hang out?" Kat asked. I sighed "I'd love to but I have homework to do. And so does Ellie so she can't either."
Ellie groaned "thanks for reminding me. And since when were you the good one? Party pooper." I laughed "hey just cause I can party doesn't mean I like to let my school work fail. Besides, we're going drinking on Friday."
Everyone was looking at me "y'all are invited but it's a honkytonk so I don't know if you'd want to go."
They all had a confused look at their faces. Except Corey. "Honkytonk means country bar."
I think going with him will be fun. "Corey, wanna be my guest?" He nodded and looked at Devyn. She shrugged "I don't mind you can go with her. Just don't get too drunk."
"Alright club on Friday with the new girl!"
I smiled. "I can't go, I'm not 21 yet." Jake said upset. "Just use a fake I.D."