...would like to FaceTime

It was the next day and thankfully for me school didn't start till Tuesday.
It was the afternoon and of course I was spending my time at the stables, caring for my horses. I washed them, brushed them and put new shoes on their hooves.
It was a peaceful, beautiful day until I got a text message notification.

I went back to caring for my horses. I filled their food and water before I decided to leave. I had been at the stables since 7 this morning but I honestly could be here all day. I decided to walk back to the dorm since I wasn't in a rush. I wanted to explore the city and get to know it as much as I could. Being in my usual kind of outfit, of course I got stares. Then my phone started ringing

 Then my phone started ringing

Of course I answered. "Liam!!" I said with a huge smile on my face. He smiled back "Hey Hunter! What's up?" I shrugged "not much. Just finished with the horses so now I'm on my way back to the dorm. What about you?" "Just chillin in my room." He looked up and I heard a door close. "Hey" He said. I watched the screen, walking into the building. "Who's that?" I heard a guy ask.

The camera turned away from Liam and now on my screen I was looking at a dark skin boy "Hey!" He said. "This is Hunter. She's the one I was telling you about." I smiled a little, "hi." "Hunter this is my roommate, Brandon." "Nice to meet you." He and I both said. I got in the elevator, pushing the second floor button. "Liam was right you are pretty. Hey why haven't you snatched her yet?" He looked next to him at Liam. I laughed a little. "I didn't say she was pretty I sa–" "I'm not pretty?" I asked. His roommate turned the phone to Liam "no no that's not.." I laughed "relax I'm playing with you." He rolled his eyes, taking his phone back. "So why haven't you snatched her?" His roommate asked. "Hey I tried to. It's her fault not mine." I rolled my eyes. His roommate grabbed the phone "spill." He sat on his bed. "I like someone else. Liam's great but someone else has my heart." "Is he cute? Weird? Country? City? Does he drink? Do drugs?" I laughed "Brandon is it? We barely know each other." He scoffed "well I know you so you better learn about me cause like Liam I'm gonna protect you. But y'know I'll do it better. That city boy's got nothin on this southern one."
I laughed and walked into my room. "Text me your number and we can talk. But can I please talk to Liam now?" He sighed "alright. It was nice meeting you Hunter." I smiled "you too." Liam was now holding the phone.
"Hey." I looked at Ellie. She smiled "Hey, what's up?" "Wanna meet Liam?" I smiled. She nodded "duh!" She came over to my bed and sat next to me. "Liam, this is my roommate Ellie. Ellie, this is Liam."
He smiled "Hey." His roommate came over, looking at his screen "okay, you've got two gorgeous girls on your screen and you ain't gonna snatch either? What is wrong with you man?!" Ellie and I laughed.
Liam pushed him away and Brandon hit his arm. "Liam don't hit a country boy. You'll regret it." I said. "Oh he already did. He's got a big bruise on his arm from scaring me. I took him down like a young cattle in the rodeo."
I winced at the picture. "Ouch."
Ellie went back to her bed.

I watched Liam, getting quiet. He got quiet too. I completely blocked out the world around me, "I missed you." I said, tearing up a little. Liam smiled "I missed you too. It's been what two weeks?" I laughed, "sounds like we're desperate." He smiled "nah, just close." I smiled. "I sent you something in the mail." He said. I raised an eyebrow "what?" He smiled more "you'll have to wait and see. Till then let's talk about LA. How is it?"
I sighed "it's good. Tiring ha. But good. Nothing like Stanley. Obviously. So many people and they all look at me funny."
Liam had a face of reassurance "it's okay, it's just cause you're unique. It's not every day they get to see a pretty cowgirl in their city."
I rolled my eyes "smooth." He laughed. I bit my lip, laying down. "What?" He watched me. "Nothing. Oh I met Ellie's friends. They're really nice and fun people. I haven't gotten to know them enough so that's all I can really say about them."
"Hey that's good. I'm glad you're making friends." I nodded. "Hunter." I looked at him "What?" He gave me a look like 'what is it?'
I sighed "I ran into Colby.." I knew that even though Liam was okay with me turning him down he still had small feelings for me.
"How'd it go?"
I shrugged "great. Better than I thought actually. It wasn't awkward like I expected it to be. I went to dinner with Ellie and her friends but he wasn't there when we got there. Then he came to the table, sat down and boom. Colby's sitting across from me.. staring at me."
"Did you get along after that?"
I nodded "I wanted to jump up and just hug him but where we left, and not talking for a while I didn't. But after we all caught up and got to know each other I hugged him before Ellie and I left. He hugged me back and–"
"You felt safe."
I nodded "I was home."
He smiled a little, he loved seeing me happy.
"Then work on him. And if he doesn't make the effort he isn't the one." I sighed "thank you Liam."
He nodded "of course. I was wondering, wanna watch Netflix over Skype together?"
"Ooooo he gonna Netflix and chill over video chat! Without the dirty part of chilling! My man!" Brandon said in the background. Liam and I both laughed and I nodded "sure. I love you." Liam smiled big, "I love you too."  We hung up and I opened my laptop. I opened up Skype and Netflix, Liam calling me. I answered, still smiling.
"What do you wanna watch?" I asked.
"NCIS?" He asked.
I nodded, clicking on it. "Sounds good."
We watched Netflix for hours. It wasn't the same without being right next to each other, but it worked.
I couldn't wait to see Liam again. And I definitely couldn't wait to go to Kat's tonight. Maybe Colby will be there with Sam.