Back in Kansas

It was 8am the next morning. We had another 10 hours ahead of us but wanted to arrive in Kansas with some daylight left. I woke up, stretching and yawning. I looked over at Ellie who was still asleep. I laid on my phone for a few minutes before getting up and getting dressed.
When I came out, Ellie was waking up. "Morning." I said to her. She looked over at me "Morning.." She sat up, stretching. I put my clothes in my bag "I'm heading downstairs to the horses. How about we leave by 9:00?" Ellie nodded, agreeing "sounds good. I'll text everyone and let them know." I smiled, grabbing my bags and headed to the elevators.

I went through the lobby and into the parking lot towards the truck. I put my stuff in the truck bed before heading back to the trailer. I smiled, opening the door. "Good morning guys! We've got 10 hours ahead of us and we'll be back in Kansas." I put their halters on and their leads, leading them out of the trailer. I tied Imperial to a pole while I got Sadie out. There was a nice open field I walked them to, allowing them to do their business and graze for a while.
I led them back to the trailer, tying each up to a pole so I could clean it out. I grabbed extra feed from the storage unit, filling their buckets. I took their water buckets out to be refilled. "Morning." Colby said, walking into the trailer. I looked at him, spilling a little bit of water "Good morning." I walked off the trailer, emptying the buckets. I walked back onto the trailer, filling the buckets from the water supply.
Colby had still been on the trailer so he came up behind me, holding me. I smiled, "Hi." I giggled, making him smile. "I heard you have a surprise for me." I told him. He nodded, letting go and I turned around. "Yup, and you're going to love it." I raised an eyebrow "really?" He bit his lip, smiling. I rolled my eyes, putting Imperial's bucket back into place and filling Sadie's.
By this time everyone was starting to load up the truck with their bags. "Do I get a hint?" I asked, looking at him again. He pretended to think for a second before responding "no." He smirked and I rolled my eyes, playfully hitting his arm "great."
He chuckled, walking off the trailer and meeting up with everyone else. Sam peered around the corner "need help?" I looked at him, putting Sadie's bucket back. "If you'd like you can lead Sadie back into the trailer. She's pretty easy about it and she's very gentle."

He nodded walking over to Sadie and untying her. He led her into the trailer and I took her lead and halter off. "Thank you." He smiled, "you're welcome." He pet Sadie. "Thanks for having me on this trip." I smiled, "of course! Couldn't go back to Kansas without the Kansas boys." He chuckled a little before walking off. I walked off, untying Imperial and leading him to the trailer. He pulled, giving me a rough time but eventually got on.
I gave them each an apple and a few pats before closing the doors. I walked to the truck where everyone was hanging out. "Ready?" I noticed Jake was missing "where's Jake and Ellie?" Sam pointed over to the shopping center across the street "Starbucks." "Ah, good choice." The three of us got in the truck, waiting and relaxing before the long trip ahead of us. A few minutes later Jake and Ellie came back with the drinks. They got in the truck, handing them out "thank you." Everyone said and I started the truck, leaving the hotel and eventually getting on the highway.

~6 hours into the trip~
My favorite song came up on the aux. I gasped, starting to sing along. Colby looked over at me, "this is going to be your first dance song isn't it?" I nodded, still singing. He put his hand out, and I reached out to hold it. Jake noticed and he leaned forward, slapping my hand. I pulled away "what was that for?!" "You're driving two horses, oh yeah and fucking 5 people. So keep your hands on the wheel."
"I don't suggest hitting Hunter.." Ellie said. "I lightly slapped her hand." "Yes, and she's going to end up smacking back. Don't smack a southern person." "She's right Jake, my friend Liam slapped his southern roommate so he got tackled and his arm got punched."
"Whatever, just hands on the wheel."
"Alright fine, but blame Colby." Colby's mouth dropped "it's not my fault!"
"Colby don't distract her." Ellie said sarcastically.

~And just like that the last four hours went by~

"Sorry you couldn't drive Sam, maybe on the way back." He chuckled "that is quite alright." I pulled the truck up on the driveway, my family plus Liam were standing in front of the garage waiting. I parked, taking the key out of the ignition. I hopped out, closing the door. Everyone else gathered their things, getting out. Liam ran up to me, hugging me tight. He picked me up and spun me around. I buried my face in his shoulder trying not to cry. "Hey bubba."
We stood there for a few minutes before my dad cleared his throat. I laughed a little, tears running down my face. I walked over to them, giving my mom a hug "Hi momma." She broke down, hugging me tightly. I kissed her cheek, pulling away to hug my dad. "Hi dad." He smiled, pulling me into a hug. I kissed his cheek too, then hugging both of my siblings.
After about 10 minutes of hugging everyone I looked over to my group of friends, motioning them over. "Guys, these are some of my friends from LA. This is Ellie, my best friend and roommate. This is Jake. This is Sam. And this is.. Colby.."
They all waved and once I got to Colby my mom's mouth dropped. "C-Colby.. As in Colby Brock." He nodded "yes ma'am.. it's good to see you guys again." She went up to him, hugging him. We both laughed a little as he hugged back.
Caleb and Ashton let the horses into the field and we all made our way inside.
Once everyone was inside and settled, I introduced my family to the group.
"This is Michael Miller, my dad. Amy Miller, my mom. Caleb Miller, my younger 16 year old brother. And Ashton, my little 9 year old sister."
Ashton was looking at Ellie. Ellie noticed, smiling and waving a little. Ashton giggled, hiding behind me. "You can say something if you want Ash." She slowly peered out from behind me "you're pretty.." Ellie smiled "thank you! And you are too! I love your boots and dress." Ashton smiled.

Liam got up, sitting next to Colby. "It's good to see you again." He put his hand out and Colby shook it "you too." They talked.

We all talked for a few hours before deciding to go to bed. The trip had us all tired out and losing two hours of our day did not help.
Ellie and I shared my bed and the guys slept in the guest bedrooms. Liam had a blow up mattress in Caleb's room. Back in Kansas. I could not be happier.