9. Save me.

Before I knew it we were already in my car, and Freddie was marveling at how different car designs had changed in the past half-century. Although he did say they looked a bit ugly. I couldn't believe I was doing this. Of course it would be hard to recognize him without his flamboyant attire, but still, this is a face that people don't easily forget. A rock phenomenon, one of the most famous and successful people to have ever lived and who died 26 years ago is now reappearing in 2018 Australia. Yeah, people won't freak out. But Freddie was persistent. I'm glad we finally managed to actually get out of the house. Freddie made me change close to 15 times before he finally allowed me to step outside in, might I add, the most 'out there' outfit I have ever put together. I looked like an 80's teenager mixed with a 50's prostitute.

I was wearing dip-dyed pink and black denim shorts, a skin-tight black crop top with a see-through mesh long sleeve over that (that Freddie had stolen my sisters closet) and high calf length faux leather boots that my mum had bought me 2 years ago but I'd never worn. I wasn't really 100% confident that a man from the '70s could style a female with clothes from 2018, but I didn't object. This was the epitome of fashion at the time, so who was I to second guess his fashion no-how? Oh, apart from the massive fluffy coat my sister bought as apart of a Halloween costume that Freddie tried to get me to wear. I did have standards. And from the looks of it, Freddie toned it down quite a bit with his attire. Apparently, I was allowed to look like I'd traveled from the 1980s, but Freddie wasn't allowed to look like he was from the '70s. He actually asked me for advice on how people dress these days. Which I was confused about because I am the last person you want to go to for fashion advice. But of course, Freddie didn't know that, and his many puzzled looks and ensure comments while I was searching through Lance's clothes told me that he figured it out pretty soon. Although, what would he know?

We finally reached an agreement. He wore a white tee with a strange printed logo on the back, a pair of knee lengths shorts (which Freddie wasn't happy with, as he wanted to go the 'short shorts' approach), and I tied back his hair as best as I could into a man bun. Thank god long hair was back in style. I gave him a pair of sunglasses and told him to not take them off no matter what. Which, after some deliberation, he agreed to as well. If there is one thing this man didn't want to compromise, it was his fashion, and probably his ego.

As we started to drive through the same roads I had seen 1000 times before, Freddie was marveling at every little tiny detail. You could see his eyes light up every five seconds and have a new question to ask. "How does that work?" "Why would you use that?" "Oh! that's so smart! I want one!" And so on and so on. It was pretty fun being the teacher for once, instead of the pupil. And Freddie was a very eager student.

Oh, sorry did I forget to tell you what I'm doing in my car driving around town with a dead rock legend in my passenger seat? Well you see, I believe Freddie has a larger addiction for shopping than I do for Queen, and "cannot simply go more than a couple of days without a shopping spree darling!". And despite my many attempts at trying to convince him it would be much safer to stay at home and not risk anyone realizing that 70's Freddie Mercury had miraculously appeared in 2018, Freddie always seems to get his way. I told you that man was stubborn.

"Ok," I said, I would have to give him a rundown of things you should/can't do anymore. I've seen video footage of Fred saying some pretty.. outdated terms. Freddie had a hard time trying to look away from the window to speak to me.

"Where are the flying cars?" He asked me. A childlike innocence in the question.

"Not quite there yet. We do have 3d printers and virtual reality though." I offered, hoping that would stop the questions for a while so I could talk.

"Wait, a 3D printer? So you can print 3D objects?" He asked excitedly. Dammit, too much information.

"There's a store up here that sells them, we can go look later today, but Freddie.."