10. Nonsensical love of my life

After first going to the bank to trade Fred's 1970's English currency into 2018 Australian currency, we officially had enough money to buy me a couple of entirely new and very extensive wardrobes. Even with the prices of items having gone up a significant amount since the '70s. Of course, Freddie didn't care, being as extravagant as he was. Freddie was determined to also get out of Lances "fruitfully boring clothes." and into something more Freddie, so of course we had to go to as many shops as possible, and, yes. That included vintage stores. But there would be no way in hell that I would take him to my work. I would rather shop at Ally Fashion before I shop there.

Freddie also made me try on countless amounts of 'wardrobe staples' that he was sure I would love. And regardless of my comments toward them, if he liked it on me, he was buying it. End of story. For once in my life, even though I hated the rigorous changing room fiasco, I enjoyed having someone to hang out with and spoil me. I did hate when I couldn't return the favor for something nice that someone was doing for me, but at the time, I just enjoyed being there with Freddie. Seeing how excited he looked when he saw a shirt or a jacket he liked. Being next to him like I belonged there. It was almost creepy but in a good way. In a really good way. That's the best I can describe it. I hope that's not too confusing, but I can't explain it as well as I want to.

"Oo! Try this one!" Freddie squealed, excited as he held out a cropped orange tank top with fringe hanging the entire length of it. I would have put up a fight or objected, but I knew by now, there really wasn't much of a point, as Freddie would always get his way. I smiled, gave a very vague comment on the shirt, and then put it on my pile of clothes in the dressing room before I started pretending to look through the racks again. I involuntarily make a noise of indifference. I say 'involuntarily', but I really can't stand shopping. Clothes and fashion aren't my strong points, to say the least.

"What are you huffing about?" Freddie asks, in a motherly sort of tone. Every time he spoke I felt on edge. Like someone was going to come and arrest me for sheltering a fugitive.

"Oh," I quip as I finally get fed up with this rack and push all the clothes to the end, causing a brief, but unpleasant screeching noise. "I just don't like shopping that much."

"Pfft, yeah I could figure that much dear. You don't have to like it now, that's the whole point, I'm trying to get you into it." I roll my eyes and return back to the rack.

"Good luck with that." There's silence again for a couple of minutes. It's not really that weird or awkward, considering both of us are trying to 'concentrate' of finding good clothes.

"So, where is the boy that supposed to be taking you on holiday?" Freddie asked, adding an inquisitive edge to his voice. Like he was a teenage girl, trying to find out who my crush was.

"Oh, I don't have a boyfriend." Understatement to say the least.

"Oh, you don't expect me to believe that Mandy dear, now do you?" He said, accusingly. Like he really believed I was such a prize.

"Well, believe it. Because I am so single, it hurts." Freddie genuinely looked confused when I said this.

"You're not joking, are you?" I had to laugh at that one. This joke was going too far now. I get it, I'm not that attractive alright!

"I get it alright, I know I'm not exactly the most pleasant person to look at or be around, but you don't have to keep making a joke out of it." that came out way angrier than I meant for it to.

"F***ing hell, calm down. I was only trying to compliment you. It's not my fault that you're blind." Freddie snapped. That was Freddie for you, you snap, he snaps back.