night owl: part 4

I hear the buzzing of music playing in the background, I have no idea what song or even genre to be honest, but its the best song I've ever heard. I'm in a field, a field of green and flowers and music and it seems to go on forever. I start running and spinning and dancing throughout the flowers and the grass. The song doesn't change volume, but if I could I would have made it louder. I smile and giggle and screaming in bliss and delight.

I'm wearing a dress, which is strange. It's a long, lightweight baby blue dress, which I have never worn before I'm my entire life, but somehow feels like the most comfortable and recognisable thing in this world. Its twists around me as I spin and flies behind me when I run.

I can see a hill, and so I run towards it. I want there to be a pool, a spring of gorgeous crystal clear warm water, and I want to jump in head first.

I start running faster and faster, taking bigger and bigger leaps. I'm almost crying tears of joy. This place was beautiful, I never want to leave, oh God in heaven let me stay here forever.

I reach the top of the hill, and my laughter fades into obscurity, as I slowly start to realise what I'm seeing. Beyond the hill, is what I can only describe as death itself. Absolute destruction and emptiness. The trees are torched and crisp, black and charred, the smell of fire, ash and death is all around. The sky has turned grey, and my knees fall weak, as I collapse to the ground. I try to scream but nothing comes out, I feel the tears aggressively escape my eyes and I can't breathe.