32. Take off

I took a deep breath as the car began to move, and Kaleb automatically burst into a conversation with Sierra about some lame thing, neither of them had a valid opinion on. I could see that Katie and Luke were starting to talk about something as well, I overheard the words 'sea' and 'dirty' so I'm guessing one of them is passionate about wildlife in some aspect.

I feel like the old one out. I'm not talking, just staring out the window, pretending I'm not sitting on Freddie's lap. I feel his hands wrap around my hips and pull me in closer.

"Why aren't you putting all your weight on me?" He asks. Now wrapping his hands around my middle.

"What? I am, what are you talking about?" Freddie pulls me in aggressively and it throws me off balance, now all my weight is on him.

"You think I can't handle it?" He scoffs.

"Well..! no..." I reluctantly answer.

"Babe," he teases. Oh god, that's going to come back to haunt me so bad. "you're one of the lightest full grown women I've ever met."

"Oh f*ck off."

"It's true! How else was I able to pick you up when we were dancing the other day?"

"Yeah but that's just because you're so strong!"

"Then what makes you think I can't handle all your weight?" Well, he had me there. I just pout, and I can tell he's smiling.

"You hate it when I'm right don't you?"

"Not necessarily you specifically, I hate it when anyone is right when I'm wrong."

"Oh, you're telling me not to flatter myself, is that it? You have plenty of boys you run around with, being the wrong side of an argument with?" Oh, shut up Freddie.

"Shut your mouth!" I tease, trying to put my hand in his face, but he just takes his arms and wrapped them around me. Pulling me closer toward him and so I couldn't sit up.

"Freddie you annoying son of a-!"

"Alright! Who wants to choose the album?" Kaleb quickly saves. Anything would be better than silence.

"Anything, I don't mind. what's your favourite?" Katie asks.

"Well, I do really like 'Hot Space', and I'm partial to-." Before I he could even finish his sentence I caught on.

"'A Night At The Opera!'." I scream. I couldn't play Freddie music that he hasn't written yet, whilst he knows he's the one who's going to have to write it. It's too confusing to risk.

"Alright, Jesus love, we'll play 'a night with the fruitcake'." Luke splutters out, rubbing his ears, pretending my little outburst actually hurt him.

"Any particular song mand?" Kaleb asks as the car is now deathly quiet.

"Whatever," I reply and Kaleb plugs the aux into his phone. Freddie squeezes me in closer to get my attention.

"I didn't know you knew that album.." He says, with a dangerous smile on his face. Like he was starting to uncover a secret I was keeping from him. Oh boy, you had no idea. No idea at all.

"Everyone knows this album," I say, and of course, Kaleb plays the most iconic and known Queen song of all time.

"Is this the real life?

Is this just fantasy?

Caught in a landslide

No escape from reality." Kaleb begins to sing. He can't sing for shit, but he is certainly passionate about it.