kissmywow

Dedicated to kissmywow

Q1: What are common traps for aspiring writers?

"I think common traps for aspiring writer's is trying too hard to appeal to a specific audience. They try to write what they think will sell, what is "in" right now instead of doing something they genuinely want to. They also try to hurry up and rush the plot and the story for whatever reason--a deadline, maybe even a personal one, or just being in a hurry to try and get published. These things take time."

Q2: Does a big ego help or hurt writers?

"I'm gonna play devil's advocate here and say it can do both. I feel like confidence is essential in being a writer. You need to feel confident enough to put yourself out there and be vulnerable for your audience and their constructive criticism; I definitely wasn't confident enough when I first started writing. However, I also believe that being TOO cocky can be hurtful. You may not listen to the advice and criticisms from others. It goes both ways."

Q3: Have you ever gotten readers block?

"I have gotten readers block before. I've read a story where the book has taken a complete horrible turn and I just couldn't read it any more."

Q4: Do you try yo be more original or to give readers what they want?

"I definitely try to be more original with my craft. I've written a story where a girl went to a high school where popularity was based on if you were a good kisser, only the main character had never been kissed. I like giving my audience something new and exciting."Q5: What other authors are you friends with, and how do they help you become a better writer?

Q5: What other authors are you friends with, and how do they help you become a better writer?

"My main writing friend is Thalia (onceking). We just like to bounce story ideas off each other, and show each other our rough drafts for feedback. She helps me so much whenever I get writer's block."Q6: Do you want each book to stand on its own, or are you trying to build a body of work with connections between each book?

Q6: Do you want each book to stand on its own, or are you trying to build a body of work with connections between each book?

"I want each book to have a slight connection with my other bodies of work, but I never can exactly accomplish that. So, they end up just standing alone."