Pauleyboy21

1) Where did your love of writing come from?

"My love for writing started with me playing my guitar. I then decided to write some simple lyrics to accompany chords I was playing. Most poems come to me when I'm not trying to write. They formulate around a phrase or two. That phrase often comes from a thought I have or from something I see through my day. "

2) If you were given the opportunity to form a book club with your favorite authors of all time, which legends or contemporary writers would you want to become a part of the club?

"Fydor Dostoevsky, George Elliot, C.S. Lewis, Alexander Solzhenitsyn, Shusako Endo, and Nikos Kazantzakis."

3) If you were to watch your favorite book turn into a movie, which would you choose? Or would you rather keep it stayed as a book?

"Many of my favorite books have been turned into movies. I always enjoy the books better because I like my imagery to accompany the story and the details are more intriguing."

4) What famous author do you wish would be your mentor?

"Perhaps my favorite author is Dostoevsky. Not sure he would be a great mentor because he was a depressive guy. I might choose John Donne or William Blake."

5) Do you have a favorite character that you have written? If so, who? And what makes them so special? 

"My favorite character in any of my poems, most often love poems, is the girl that is my lover. She is the inspiration for my words, feelings, and imagery. In that sense, she is the creator and architect of the poem and I become merely the reporter or scribe."

6) What, according to you, is the hardest thing about writing? 

"The hardest part of writing my poems is going through the emotions that each of my poems invites. The reader does not have to enter into those emotions. As the writer of the words, I must feel those emotions."

7) If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?

" The Bible, because that guy can write! :)"

8) What is the best piece of advice you have ever received, that you would like to share with us?

"A friend of mine told me that in my process of emerging, as a butterfly from a chrysalis, people will see you half-developed and accuse you of being base or mad. Keep striving and growing and let go of all of those critics and haters. The easiest thing for a person to do is to criticize someone that thinks or feels different from them."