BooskiBabii

What is your favorite childhood book? When I was in first grade or so I loved Sideways Stories From Wayside School by Louis Sachan. It was silly short stories about this funny school, I'll never forget that book. When I got into the fourth grade or so, I absolutely loved Number The Stars by Lois Lowry. It will always be a favorite book, no matter my age.

How long, on average, does it take you to write a book? Well, I haven't finished my first book so I have no idea *laughs*. I started to write Not Like The Rest in late September, but I've had writer's block the past few months so that's been awful. I think it depends on different circumstances.

If you had to do something differently as a child or teenager to become a better writer as an adult, what would you do? I believe altering the past changes everything so I wouldn't change anything at all. A tip to teens: pay attention in class, write when you want, and let your imagination run wild.

What is the best part of your day? Most people will expect me to say writing, but it's not. It's spending time with my children. I have four kids..wait, let me correct that. I gave birth to four kids and I have some on here that call me Mom or Mama. I love those few as I do my own children. Holding my kids, talking to them, and just being around them brightens up my worst days.

Who is the author you most admire in your genre? The two authors are both on here actually. One is in my genre (most of her books) and that is @ClarityNMercy She is a good friend who has inspired me to let my true self out when it comes to writing romance. The other isn't in my genre, but she has inspired me in more than writing. @VeilOfPetals has inspired me in my personal life, my writing, and she has been an amazing friend. She's saved me from a path of destruction. Rose is truly phenomenal, and a blessing to know. Both of these ladies have books that are my absolute favorite.

How many plot ideas are waiting to be written? Can you tell us about one? I just started a new short story, so I only have two others that are running around in my mind. One is something like a part two of Not Like The Rest. Without giving spoilers it will deal with the future of my two main characters and have a new cast. I plan to begin this after I wrap up NLTR.

Do you hide any secrets in your book that only a few people will find? Not really secrets, but I do add in some lessons on how to deal with life and mental health issues. Life is too short to live angrily, love everyone, and laugh; laugh a lot.

What period of your life do you find you write about most often? Early adulthood. There are many teenage novels, but not as many adult books. Most people like to read about younger adults, so I write what I know. I'm still a young-ish adult (haha) so I often envision myself when writing or reading.

What do you owe the real people upon whom you base your characters? I owe them so much, I honestly can't explain in words my gratitude. If I write a character based upon someone, then they mean a lot to me. For example, the main character in my romance novel is Jayceon. Jayceon is based on my husband, James. Around 85% of that character is all my husband. Many girls ask 'where can I get me a Jayceon?' and I just look over at my husband and grin.

If you could tell your younger riding self anything, what would it be? Let go more often, take more chances, and make more memories. All of those things can change your life, it's up to you to live a life worth something.