Interview With Tenkredible

1) Where did your love of writing come from?

"My love of writing came from my love of retelling stories. I was so good at it, that I eventually started creating my own... You see, where I pursued my high school education didn't allow for the use of any electronic device for the three year boarding period so we were bored for the most time. I was a very prolific movie watcher before then, so I'd gather a few people and share stories. I eventually ran out, created a few of my own and bam... My writing enveloped."

2) If you were given the opportunity to form a book club with your favorite authors of all time, which legends or contemporary writers would you want to become a part of the club?

"Brandon Sanderson J. K. Rowling Cornlia Funkè"

3) If you were to watch your favorite book turn into a movie, which would you choose? Or would you rather keep it stayed as a book? 

" If it's a book outside my own writing, then I'd like to see a stretched out tale of Reckless by Cornelia Funkè or her inkheart trilogy... But if it my own, then I'd like to keep it a book for some reason."

4) What famous author do you wish would be your mentor?

"Brandon Sanderson."

5) Do you have a favorite character that you have written? If so, who? And what makes them so special?

"Yes. Hannah 'El' or Elite. Now though, this is difficult (like picking a favorite child in a very tight extended family) I would pick her because of her vulnerability. She's a young woman who is thrown from one life into another with so much hardship and the weight of saving the world on her shoulders. She knows she doesn't have to do it alone, but, for some reason, she feels she has to. Her character journey from the intense realist, anxiety break downs and some sort of personality issue makes her a real gem. She's powerful, fierce, determined, but very innocent and fragile. She will definitely be broken more than I let on, but it's how she reshapes the broken pieces to make herself whole is what makes her unique. None of my characters can do that."

6) What is the biggest struggle you find when writing, and how do you overcome it?

"My Biggest struggle, I think is an inside voice in my head that just tells me it's pointless. That no one will pick up my book (even if it's for free) or bother watching it as a movie... It's really difficult when that happens... And for so long I left that derail me. But, one day I picked up the previous chapters and started reading to see what I am potentially doing wrong. Of course, there are errors and little typos here and there but I suddenly find the story come alive. And then as a reader at the moment, I get excited to see how it will end. That's how I keep writing."

7) If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?

"Ooooh, Sorry Brandon Sanderson, but I would love to take credit for his stormlight archive series or his Cosmere universe. It is fantastic and emmersive, vivid and honestly well thought out."

8) What is the best piece of advice you have ever received, that you would like to share with us?

"The person who gave me this advise did not know he was giving me an advice at that time... But, he said, and I think he quoted that lol, 'If there's a story you'd like to read that hasn't been written yet, write it yourself.'"