Angel-Yusa

1)What do you like to do when you are not writing?

" I like to cook, draw, develop my story ideas in my head, watch YouTube videos, play spider solitaire... The list is endless."

2) What was your dream job when you were younger?

"Hmm how young are we talking? If somewhere around 14, I'd say novelist. If before that, it was majorly tied to the English language because I was and still am very good with it. English is not my first language, that's what makes me being good with it extra special."

3) Have you ever been on any sports teams? If so, what sport?

"Uhhh no. I mean, aside from gym class where we're forced to play sports, there's none. To be honest, I really hoped there was something for tennis in my school, but no one really gave a damn about it and the gym teacher was too busy with basketball. So I never got to be on any team. "

4) When you're writing an emotionally draining (or passionate/ emotive/ dramatic) scene, how do you get in the mood?

"Wow, now we're talking. Emotional scenes, huh? Well, I don't wrote the scenes immediately when I first imagine them; I just watch everything closely happening in my head and analyze it later. When the time comes for when I have to write it down, I try my best to feel the mood and the emotions going around as best I can and then describe it in words. So really, it's like I'm expressing my own feelings cuz I am feeling my character's feelings. This really helps."

5) What would you say is your most interesting writing quirk?

"Most interesting writing quirk? Like my own little habit I do while writing? I space out every ten minutes and imagine unrelated scenes anyway. Sometimes I need to move around to get the scene started in my head. I can't just be sitting to get them out. So, I guess my quirk is that it's hard for me to stay still while I try to write a scene."

6) What advice would you give a new writer, someone just starting out?

"*Holds the camera on either side* listen here, little writer, and listen good. I dunno if you're like me or not, but I hope that is the case. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT get someone to review your book while you just started writing. I've personally reviewed many books of new authors and it was always sad that I had to tell them how trashy it is. So let me tell you something you'll thank me for later: your book will be trash when you first start. You'll think it's good now, but wait for a few months and come back later and read it. You'll see it too. You're gonna wrote your book over and over again and that's good, because it means you're improving. You don't need other people to tell you how trashy your book is; you'll do it just fine for yourself. Besides, the only person you'll feel like you could accept having your hard work bring called trash is you. That's a growing thing. You'll definitely get better. Don't scar yourself by asking people to review your book when you've just started. Also, read classics, especially Les Miserables. Trust me, you'll learn a lot. Personal experience."

7) Is there lots to do before you drive in and start writing the story?

"XD "is there lots to do before you drive in and start writing your story?" ;-; yes. I need three days to actually get to writing a chapter. Three days. The timing start when I decide in my head that I want to wrote the chapter. I'd say I want to do it today or tomorrow, but I end up doing it three days after I made the decision. Then, during these three days, I start to assimilate the scenes in my head and try to come up with lines i could write in the chapter. Then, I sit somewhere, usually my bed, and get my computer ready. While it starts off, I try to pick music to listen to while I write cuz GOD FORBID!!! If I don't have my music I'll be more distracted then the number if times your mom asked you to finish your homework. Music reduces it to a few times cuz it distracts me in a good way and puts me in the mood. Then I start writing. Also, I always work after I've eaten something cuz I know throughout my writing process that I'd get distracted with food. I also go to the bathroom beforehand. I reduce the things that I get distracted with to the bare minimum cuz I easily get distracted. I also finish my chores before I get to writing. Like I said, no distractions."

8) Where do you get your inspiration? 

"I get my inspiration from everything. Literally everything. Music, cooking, while doing chores, while staring into space, walking, eating, listening, watching movies and shows and anime. Everything in my life is an inspiration. Some more than others, like art and shows and music and YouTube. Sometimes I'd just be idly thinking about some idea or a scene and a follow up just pops in my head and I start observing it carefully. Sometimes it just comes out if nowhere. You never know. I mostly get my inspiration for my short creepy stories from my dreams, and it's awesome. I love my dreams; they're so creative ಥ‿ಥ"

9) When writing a series how do you keep things fresh, for both your readers and also yourself? 

"That's a good question, especially since I am working on writing a few series. It's actually quite simple. Quality over quantity. This is so important. Please do not write a book for the purpose of making it a series. Or rather, don't try to elongate a certain story that doesn't have a lot of ideas going on for it. If you get most of your writing inspiration from movies and shows; you're in big trouble. Go read an actual book series. An actual book. Read. I recommend Les Miserables because of how life like and really human the characters in it are. You don't know the true meaning of being miserable until you read that book. It is a book series and a very important one for growth. If you were planning on writing a trilogy but you found out that the first book makes sense and the third book makes sense, but the second book just feels like you're trying to connect books one and three, then get rid of book two immediately and find a way to make this a prequel and a sequel with necessary connections. Just don't develop a book to tie one book to another. Every book in the series should be its own beefy story, and if the story could not live up to the other book, then simplify it and see how you can fit it in other books."

10) When did you first consider yourself a writer?

"Well, I decided to be a writer when I was fifteen. Note that I said I got the idea to be a novelist when I was 14. I decided to be a novelist/author when I was 15. But when I actually felt like I really was a writer was when I turned 18. I sucked all those past three years of my life, but at 18 I became decent. I sucked back then, but I'm a lot better now... Me in a year from now would slap me for thinking that now I was a lot more decent cuz by then, I'd have improved tremendously. That's a good thing."