gmwells

Intro: "~Just a city girl surrounded by countryside.~ I love fiction books mainly, but I do find certain non-fiction books appealing and I'm open to reading any new book that you throw at me!"

1) Where did your love of writing come from?

"My love of writing came from my love of reading! Funny, am I right? I started reading chapter books when I was 3, and from then on I loved it. I loved the mystery of it all, and the change in perspectives. When I was about 7, I came up with a short story (more of a parable), and my friends and family said that with a little bit of developing it could become a good children's story! At that moment, I realized that I really *could* be like all of those authors who wrote the amazing books I read."

2) If you were given the opportunity to form a book club with your favorite authors of all time, which writers would you want to become a part of the club?

"Hm.... that's a tough one. J.K. Rowling because HARRY POTTER and I know quite a bit about her as a person -- she seems really interesting. William Shakespeare because he has a really odd outlook on life and I'd like to see his opinion on some of our modern books. Day Khan (dayandnight122)  because I LOVE her book "Amazing Gracie" and we've talked a bit and she's pretty cool."

3) If you were to watch your favorite book turn into a movie, which would you choose? Or would you rather keep it stayed as a book?

"My favorite book as a movie: Harry Potter. If Harry Potter had just stayed a book, I don't think that we'd be better off, but the books are better and more people should read them."

4) What famous author do you wish would be your mentor?

"I would like J.K. Rowling to be my mentor, honestly, because she has a way of writing that just brings everything to life and makes the story line so relatable."

5) Do you have a favorite character that you have written? If so, who? And what makes them so special?

"So far, I think my favorite would have to be Helen Pierce from "The Girl with the Missing Piece" or Beatrice Wallen from "When Heroes Fall in Love". Helen because she is loosely based off of three of my siblings, who all have a sweet heart; and Bea because she is so headstrong, but considerate of others: she stands up for what she believes in but she also listens to what other people have to say."

6) What, according to you, is the hardest thing about writing? And how do you overcome it?

"The absolute hardest thing about writing is when you get writer's block in the middle of a story! For instance, I had to transition from one important event to another in "The Training" and I overcame that trouble by writing out about 40 different scenarios and how they would play out. I am torn between two pretty good ones to replace the placeholder I have now, but another tip that a fellow author once gave me is to OUTLINE EVERYTHING. It really helps to outline what you'll do in each chapter before you actually starts writing it, surprisingly enough."

7) If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?

"I would've wanted to be the original author of either Shel Silverstein's "A Light in the Attic" or Roald Dahl's "Fantastic Mr. Fox". Don't ask why as I'm not entirely sure myself."

8) What is the best piece of advice you have ever received, that you would like to share with us?

"The best piece of advice I've ever received was by far the advice about the outlines (I mention in question 6). One of my friends said that writing out in an outline exactly what you wanted to see in each chapter helped it flow more smoothly and she could elaborate to make the chapters longer more easily."

-

-

-

I hope you enjoyed your interview, I definitely did!