Interviewing phoenixfelix23

Dedicated to phoenixfelix23

1) Tell us a bit about your story and the world you've created

"My book is a Marvel Fan fiction with the maximum focus on Bucky Barnes. The lead character of my book is the love interest of Bucky. My lead character is the daughter of a doctor who was forced to work for an evil organisation Hydra which also captures Bucky to experiment on him. They meet in the army camp during the world war 2 and fall in love. Both are taken in by Hydra in a tragic event. The main concept of the story captures their hard journey to freedom and better life and at the same time how they fight their demons (hence the title Our Demons). They have to keep up with hard times and keep their love alive in the hardest of times since it is their last resort."

2) If a film were made of your book, who would you cast in the leading roles?

"First off I would be totally thrilled if that happened. I would keep the MCU cast as it is. For my lead character I would choose Dove Cameron and as for her best friend Carl I would take Zac Efron."

3) What book from your childhood has shaped you most as a writer?

"Harry Potter series had a huge impact on my writing. So I would give all credits to Harry Potter and definitely J.K. Rowling for shaping me as a writer."

4) Were you a young writer, a late bloomer, or something in between? What advice would you give to others who took up writing at a similar life phase?

"I was a young write. I began writing when I was 6. I started with poems.

As for young writers, I would recommend them the 'Read and Write' process. My suggestion would be that one should start reading from a young age. Not only does it introduce them to the wonderful world of books but it also improves and expand their vocabulary and grammar. Along with reading one should also start writing. Beginning with short paragraphs and further increasing the word count is a good move. It has definitely helped me a lot."

5) Do you prefer writing in silence or to music? Why?

"I prefer writing with my earphones on. In my story writing process they play an important role because:

i) It helps clearing my mind so that I can write. It has a relaxing effect in my body and mind which in my opinion is very important for writing.

ii) There are times when I get stuck with a particular character's dialogue. In those times the lyrics of the song provide helping hand which is a small treat for the readers since they have fun reading references from songs they have heard."

6) What warm ups do you use to get your writing flowing?

" I don't have any specific warm ups I guess. But one thing I do before writing is I de-clutter my mind with a cup of coffee and some music. I think that is a warm-up."

7) What inspires you to write?

"I never really had any inspiration as such. I write because I love to. But here on Wattpad I was introduced to whole new world and a lot of wonderful books by wonderful authors. So that was what inspired me to start writing my own book here."

8) Why did you start writing?

"I started writing because I wanted to create my own world and get lost in it. Here on Wattpad I published my own book so that others could also enjoy my world. Even though it is fictional, its my own world that I have built with my words. I have been writing for almost 11 years now and I have never regretted it. Being socially awkward, writing was my only comfort."

9) Do you think that writers have a normal life like others?

"Yes, definitely. I mean if someone is a professional writer then it's a separate issue. However if someone is an amateur writer or writes for their hobby ( like me) then they do have a normal life. Outside writing they have a number of social obligations as well as personal issues to take care of. However professionals too have a normal life, but as I don't have much idea about this matter I can't really say much.

As for me, I can tell I have a different life outside Wattpad. I have my family, school work, exams and friends. I pretty much juggle all these together and try to maintain an equal balance between all these as much as possible."

10) What, according to you, is the hardest thing about writing?

"Overcoming the fear of possible failure is one of the hardest thing in writing. Most writers ( like me in early stages of writing) are afraid of possible failures. However,one thing that needs to be understood that just because you think that you might fail to impress everyone does not mean you can fail to impress a few and that is what's important.

Here on Wattpad the greatest challenge is getting recognised. In my initial stages of writing on Wattpad I did not get enough reads and it is too be honest very frustrating. But overcoming that feeling should be one's goal.

One should always try and learn from their mistakes and be open to criticism. Feedbacks may be constructive or real bad but from every feedback you get to learn something. And I feel that is very important.

So the hardest phase in writing is getting recognised and facing failures while doing the same. But one should never be disheartened and lose hope. It should be another incentive to work harder and improve oneself."