sarahtownsend19

1) Where did your love of writing come from?

"My love of writing has always been with me. I started wanting to write more after I learned to read because I liked the way authors can make you love a character, and I wanted to be just like them."

2) If you were given the opportunity to form a book club with your favorite authors of all time, which writers would you want to become a part of the club?

"If I were given the opportunity to form a book club with my favorite authors, first I would probably faint if I got them all to show up to my book club. I would choose Cassandra Clare, Holly Black, Nora Roberts, and Sarah J. Maas. I love these writers because they are incredible and I've fallen in love with every book they've written."

3) If you were to watch your favorite book turn into a movie, which would you choose? Or would you rather keep it stayed as a book?

"If my favorite book were to be a movie, I would choose the Court of Thorns and Roses Series by Sara J Maas. It's an incredible story, but they might not be able to do as well as Sara J Maas did about bringing the characters to life. I would also like to see the Folk of the Air Series by Holly Black to be made into a movie but the third book hasn't come out yet."

4) What famous author do you wish would be your mentor?

"I would like Holly Black to be my mentor, because she's a fantastic writer, not that none of the other famous writers aren't fantastic either. I like all the books she's written and I would really like any famous writer to mentor me if I'm being honest."

5) Do you have a favorite character that you have written? If so, who? And what makes them so special?

"I would like to say my favorite character that I have written would be Selena from the Broken series,which is still a working progress. I actually love the first book I ever wrote which is the Unknown (Magic Academy) because my best friend helped me write it."

6) What, according to you, is the hardest thing about writing? And how do you overcome it?

"The hardest thing about writing is keeping the ideas coming. I have a hard time with material because I don't think what I'm writing is making any sense sometimes. Self doubt is also what keeps a writer from thinking they are doing a good job. I overcome it by just pushing through, reading and coming up with new ideas."

7) If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?

"If I could be the original author over any book then I would still choose to try and make my books well known, because I wouldn't want to be anyone else and I know those authors are amazing, but I would want a chance for my books to be popular too."

8) What is the best piece of advice you have ever received, that you would like to share with us?

"The best piece of advice I ever received was from my best friend, who would always say, "Have you updated your story recently?" When I would say no, then he would be like, "Then you better get to writing." He was my motivator and it's helped me."

-

-

-

Thank you for such a lovely interview sarahtownsend19 I hope you enjoyed it!