Interviewing @dangeroustoken

1)What do you like to do when you are not writing?
"I enjoy playing the tennis, cause if anyone is mean I can just hit them over the head with my racquet. Jk....kind of. I feel like every author likes to read. Reading is actually what inspired me to write, so you can always find me curled up in my bed at night with a new book. I am also part of a pretty big family, so avoiding some of them takes up a lot of time XD."

 2) What was your dream job when you were younger?
"My dream job was actually to be author surprise, surprise (Heavy sarcasm used). Of course my mother was not too happy with it and told me I can just write as a hobby, and that I must either become an engineer, surgeon, or lawyer, so I'm working towards being an attorney, but as you can see, I still continue writing and maybe one day that dream job will become a real job. (Crosses fingers)"

 3) Have you ever been on any sports teams? If so, what sport?
"My freshmen year of Highschool I actually made the varsity tennis team, which I thought was a pretty great accomplishment. It made me feel very coolio, but now that I'm saying it I realize that I am just the opposite of that. XD"

 4) When you're writing an emotionally draining (or passionate/ emotive/ dramatic) scene, how do you get in the mood?
"Music. That's how I come up with most ideas for these dramatic scenes and whatnot. Being able to picture what happens in the story and put it to the beat of music is something I enjoy doing that also helps me develop ideas. I enjoy listening to songs, especially in the car, (car rides are the bestestttttt) but I can't sing to save my life. For intense scenes, I usually listen to intense music, like Courtesy Call by Thousand Foot Krutch is a good one."

5) What would you say is your most interesting writing quirk?
"Ooooh my most interesting writing quirk...probably the amazing super power (although not really that super) to just write whatever is off the top of my head and pass it off as comedy, plot, or romance. XD. That's what I do when writing my book, but when responding to comments I have a weird tendency to use these XD smiley faces or other keyboard facil expressions, along with saying "awww" Cause I'm usually speechless with no clue what to say."

6) What advice would you give a new writer, someone just starting out?
"So first, have a good cover. People all say that you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, and sure that should apply to people, but when it comes to books, I'm not going to walk into a library and spend hours reading through all these summaries. I grab a book that looks cool, then read the summary, then decide if I want it. So have a good cover, and also a good summary that draws people in (I'm HORRIBLE at writing summaries, so don't feel too bad if yours isn't the best). Then just keep writing, cause soon that will cause the views to build up in number, and the more views, the more votes, the more votes the more attention. Hope that helps."

 7) Is there lots to do before you drive in and start writing the story?
"Yes and no. I know some people who spend forever planning out a book, and yeah that's completely fine and actually great to do because then your book is probably more smooth and detailed, but when it comes to me, I get an idea, and I write. I've tried to write details and stuff in a binder before to keep track of it, but it always just ends with me writing different scenes in the book that can be put into the book in the future. So yeah, don't do what I do. Plan your book, cause then it will have a lot less plot holes unlike yours truly ;)."

 8) Where do you get your inspiration?
"Songs are a big part of the inspiration like I said before. One second I'll be listening to a new song I was recommended on Youtube, the next I'll be imaging characters that fit into the song and what they go through as the song goes along and soon BAM! There's a book idea. Children, if you're reading, this is how books are made! None of that "when a mommy book and a daddy book love each other very much" stuff. Experiment Zero actually was created not by a song thoigh. it was inspired from my younger self reading all those sci-fi romance books about an experiment boy and girl. There are tons of them on Wattpad. I planned for it to be just like the others, but as I started writing ideas started to actually form, with all the Lightling and Darkling stuff and before I knew it I had an actual plot, albeit filled with plot holes."

 9) When writing a series how do you keep things fresh, for both your readers and also yourself?
"So humor is something that never dies throughout a series and something that should actually get better as you go on. Comedy is definitely something that I think keeps a series fresh and makes the reader want to continue reading. It's also something that may keep the reader hooked, even if there is little romance until the end of the series. How do you think I read through all of the Percy Jackson books? So yeah, I'd like to keep the humor a steady constant thing throughout it, along with a few romance scenes here and there. If you've read my books, you'd also know that I'm a sucker for cliff hangers (Not reading them, just writing them)."

10) When did you first consider yourself a writer?
"As I've said before, when I was little I wanted to be an author, I even wrote my first book in middle school, which was called Dangerous Token..... this is the part where you recall my username and say "wow they match" XD. But when given the option to publish it for free, I ended up backing out. Then I stumbled across Wattpad, and before I knew it Experiment Zero was a thing, but even after completing it and writing the sequel as I am doing currently, I still don't think of myself that much as an author. Sure I'm a writer, cause I'm obviously writing stuff, but I just can't take my own self seriously, which may be a weakness, or maybe just modesty, idk."