RebeccaSky

1) If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?

This is a hard question because the logical side of me would say Harry Potter because not only is it a respected series but it also made JK very rich, and it would be sooo nice to be rich off of writing! (This rarely happens, most of us are very much the opposite). But my heart would probably be with Anne of Green Gables as it was the first book i read with a loud mouthed, passionate and quirky red head on the page and it somehow made me feel less alone when kids were kicking me on Kick A Ginger Day (yes this is actually a thing) or when they'd yell "Yarrr Matey, Fire in the hole!" when I walked by, or when they called me carrot top (I had to fight the urge to break a slate over their heads and correct them that carrot tops are in fact green – total Anne of GG reference).

2) If you were given the opportunity to form a book club with your favorite authors of all time, which writers would you want to become a part of the club?

Okay, this is also a mean question, how could I possibly choose: I think for a book club it would be authors I'd have a fun with, so:

- Oscar Wilde (he seems like a good, albeit weird, time)

- Any of my friends who write would be welcome, but especially E.Latimer as we live in the same city and she's the person who I talk books with the most already. Plus, she's a super good writer too.

- L.M Montgomery (Anne of GG) because well, one of my fav authors.

- Taherah Mafi (Shatter Me series) – I've met her in real life and she's even prettier in person and so so sweet (she wished me good luck with my debut novel and I may have cried a little (okay I totally did))

- KFan on Wattpad because he is the funniest and kindest person and writes the best pop culture references!

3) If you were to watch your favorite book turn into a movie, which would you choose? Or would you rather keep it stayed as a book?

I love it when books are turned into movies, but it bugs me when they veer too far from the book. But with Anne of Green Gables, the original movies are sooo good!

4) What books or authors have most influenced your own writing?

Is it weird if I saw Twilight? Not because it was my favorite book or writing, though I totally got dragged into the story – but because after I read it I realized how much I loved reading and that was my first step into thinking that maybe one day I could write something too.

5) What advice would you like to give to aspiring writers?

Read. Then read some more, in your genre and in others. And write, for fun, to learn and grow, and with whatever ambitions fuel you. It's easy to get trapped in the need for perfection, especially if you want to publish your book. But the need for perfection stifles creativity and growth. Allow yourself the grace to make mistakes and the grace to take the time needed to get to the place where your work is publishable. Some of us take longer than others and that's okay!

6) In life, what do you think is the closest thing to magic?

Each time you overcome something you're afraid of and realizing that you had the strength and power to do it all along.