SSMarie358

1) Are you working on anything at the present you would like to share with your readers about?

"I am currently writing REBOUND, which is currently published on Wattpad. So far, it's been a fantastic journey writing the story as the two main characters, Hailie and Jace, are entirely flawed and unlikable. The story is riddled with drama, sex, drinking, and healing a broken heart. I am working on one other idea which I am hoping to release next summer."

2) What, in your opinion, are the most important elements of good writing?

"From what I have learned at the UOFA, there are several critical elements into creative writing. Important ones we went over are sensory details, internal dialogue, external dialogue, hyperbole's, and metaphors. Other aspects of good writing are giving your characters a layered background, the right amount of positive and negative traits. A solid plot line, and having each chapter move your plot line forward. This is a lot, but all of them are highly essential if you want a successful novel."

3) Writing can be an emotionally draining and a very stressful pursuit. Do you have any tips for aspiring or young writers?

"Never stop writing. I walked into a basic creative writing course at a community college, and the first words coming out of my professors mouth is.... "Writer's block doesn't exist." I find his words still true after three years. The best way to write is by setting a goal for yourself daily or weekly. If you can not write, don't force it. Pick up a good PUBLISHED book in the genre you are writing in, sit back, and see how others write. I binged an entire book and suddenly was filled with ideas of my own. Or I may put my characters in similar situations and figure out how they would respond to it."

4) What was your favorite part, and your least favorite part, of the writing journey?

"What was your favorite part, and your least favorite part of the writing journey? My favorite part is finishing a book and being able to say I accomplished something great. My least favorite part is when beta readers dig out my flaws in the writing. Currently, one critique partner said my characters thoughts and actions do not fit together, and another said the characters just entirely unlikable they can't read my work. Harsh critiques are the worst, but I have to accept the fact that not everyone will like my writing."

5) How many books have you written? Which is your favorite and why?

"How many books have you written? Which is your favorite and why?Three novels in total. My favorite will always be my first book because it took me 13 years to write it. I started when I was 13 and kept writing and rewriting it throughout middle and high school until I was an adult. When I finished writing my last draft, I wrote 90k words within three months. The book is currently under massive revisions as I want to publish it one day. I am unsure if I will republish it Wattpad."

6) Do you have a favorite character that you have written? If so, who? And what makes them so special?

"Paisley, the main character of my first book, will always be my favorite as she grew up with me. She is part of my childhood. She wields the element of fire; she comes off weak on the outside, but on the inside, she is stronger than anything possible. Paisley saved me from myself many times and kept me busy growing up. I have thousands of pictures I drew of her, and I know she will always be a huge part of me."

7) When you're writing a very emotional scene, how do you get in the mood?

"When you're writing a very emotional scene, how do you get in the mood?I always do the same thing with writing. I find a spot comfortable in the house. Right now, my two favorite places are the couch and the dining table. I love listening to music, which fits the mood of the scene and let it all tumble out. "

8) What is the most surprising thing you discovered while writing your book(s)?

"Whenever I go back to edit chapters, I tend to sit back a little and read what I wrote. Then say WOW did I write this? Wow, it's really good. I doubt myself a lot, but whenever I go back and look at my work, I'm proud of myself, because the story is mine."

9) What famous author do you wish would be your mentor?

"Kathleen Glasgow, her works messed me up good."