Interview with TasSSingh

Dedicated to @TasSSingh

1) What is your motivation to write?

"I'm motivated to write by two things. The first is that I always have been (and probably always will be) in love with the idea of creating my own world. An entire universe that exists solely because I thought it to. That for my is my biggest motivation. The other is that I have found a wonderful audience on Wattpad and I'm constantly inspired and motivated by them and their kind and supportive words."

2) How do you come up with the titles to your books?"I usually come up with the title to the book last. I think about and develop a story as much as I can and come up with as many ideas as I can for it. I try and build as much as I possibly can on it and usually the name just comes to me!"
3) How do you create characters for a novel?
"I usually invest a lot of myself into the characters i write. Be it people I have encountered or even my own personal traits. I'm always kind of reminded of the intro of 'The Powerpuff Girls' when they're being "created". That's sort of how I create and come up with my characters. "

4) What do you enjoy/hate about the writing process?

"I absolutely enjoy the creation process of writing. I love creating and coming up with ideas. The more tedious part I find is filling in the gaps between my ideas. "

5) Are you on social media and can your readers interact with you?

"I will be hopefully posting my Wattpad FB Messenger account link soon!"

6) What is the most surprising thing you discovered while writing your book(s)?

"The most surprising thing I found when writing was how easy it can be when you have a solid idea in your head. I was surprised at how easy it is to build, expand and develop on something when you believe in and trust in it. I had always dreaded "writer's block" and while I do have trouble filling in gaps sometimes, I haven't experienced that as yet."

7) Is it easier to write fantasy genre or adventure genre?

"For me personally. I find the Adventure genre only slightly easier to write. Mainly because I've read so many and become so enthralled by them all. I feel that I will be soon ready to write an Adventure/Fantasy mix of my own! "

8) Which of your books were the most enjoyable to write?

"I found 'Direction' the most enjoyable to write. I had the idea in my head and I knew exactly what was going to happen. At the time I was limited by a 3000 word count, but now that the contest is over I do plan on extending it into a full novel!"

9) Are you working on anything at the present you would like to share with your readers about?

"I found 'Direction' the most enjoyable to write. I had the idea in my head and I knew exactly what was going to happen. At the time I was limited by a 3000 word count, but now that the contest is over I do plan on extending it into a full novel!"

10) How many plot ideas are just waiting to be written? Can you tell us about one?

"At this present moment, I have an entire half of a notebook filled with ideas and prompts that I've come up with it been inspired to write. The one that I am most interested and eager to write about involves a love story in a 'supposedly' utopian society and the adventure which follows. (For anyone who had read the Novel , "The Giver" by Lois Lowry - this was my inspiration for this idea.) "

11) What are you reading now?

"I'm currently re-reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I make it a priority to re read the Harry Potter Novels every year, for the past 10 years, and I am always pleasantly surprised by new and exciting details that I had previously overlooked. In addition to this, I have an extensively long list of wonderful Wattpad novels that I am also reading. "

12) What books or authors have most influenced your own writing?

"I think the authors that have influenced me have also been authors that have inspired me. Some these authors are Roald Dahl and his collection of short stories, which inspired me to write 'Leslie Matthews'. I am also inspired by JK Rowling, JR Tolkien and John Green. "