1

Chapter 1

Funny...

Charlotte...

"Charlotte! Get your ass up lil girl!" I heard my mom yell from downstairs. I groaned before peeking my head out my blanket and my eyes hit the sunshine, I shut them close.

"Charlotte get up!" My sister banged on my door.

"Am up! Damn!" I yelled back. I sat up and looked around my room. I hate waking up. One off the worst times in my life. But luckily today is Friday and my favourite movie is gonna play tonight. Twilight..

Yep, you heard me..Twilight. It's been my favourite movie since I was young. Am so excited to watch it with my teddy. I don't really have friends cause am not a social type. I do have classmates that I study with every after school but friends. Nope. No friends.

"Charlotte!" My mom yelled.

"Mom am up!" I yelled for her to hear downstairs. I got out off bed than fixed it. I walked to my small bathroom and did my hygiene. I wore my baggy jeans, white V neck T-shirt with my vans. I tied my curly hair since it's hot outside.

"Charlotte let's go!" My sister yelled from downstairs. I rolled my eyes than took my backpack and walked out my room. I made sure I locked it with my key cause we live with a brother who steals from us to go buy drugs. My mother doesn't chase him out cause she still believes his gonna change. I've given up on him cause once he had hit me just to impress one off his friends.

"You again with boy clothes." My sister said looking at me in disgust.

"I don't see nothing wrong with what am wearing." I said to her.

"Um...look in the mirror." She said than walked off.

"You should look in the mirror. Walking out hea' half naked." I muttered to myself. She looked at me, I got scared cause I thought she heard me.

"C'mon slow rat." She said. I sighed in relief. If she heard me, she was gonna beat me up and I can't hit her cause she's pregnant. 6 weeks pregnant. Again my mom says it was a mistake.

Anyway me and her walked out the house without breakfast, even though I know mom didn't make any. We walked to school like every morning. Chrissy...my sister, likes walking away from me. I don't know why cause people already know we sisters, you look just like me.

I rolled my eyes than took out my phone and earphones. I played music.

*Song : The Sweetest Taboo*

🎼🎤🎻 *Lyrics* 🎼🎤🎻
If I tell you
If I tell you now
Will you keep on
Will you keep on loving me?
If I tell you
If I tell you how I feel
Will you keep bringing out the best in me?

You give me, you give me the sweetest taboo
You give me, you're giving me the sweetest taboo
Too good for me

There's a quiet storm
And it never felt like this before
There's a quiet storm
That is you
There's a quiet storm
And it never felt this hot before
Giving me something that's taboo
(Sometimes I think you're just too good for me)

You give me the sweetest taboo
That's why I'm in love in with you (with you)
You give me the sweetest taboo
Too good for me
(Sometimes I think you're just too good for me)

I'd do anything for you, I'd stand out in the rain
Anything you want me to do, don't let it slip away
There's a quiet storm
And it never felt like this before
There's a quiet storm
I think it's you
There's a quiet storm
And I never felt this hot before
Giving me something that's taboo

You give me the (you give me, you give me the) sweetest taboo
That's why I'm in love with you (with you)
You give me, keep giving me the sweetest taboo
Too good for me

You've got the biggest heart
Sometimes I think you're just too good for me
Every day is Christmas, and every night is New Year's Eve
Will you keep on loving me
Will you keep on, will you keep on
Bringing out the best in me.

I sing softly to myself on my way to school. When I got there, I walked straight to my locker, after pushing past the crowd. I put my password in than it opened. I took out my books than shut the door.

"Hey Charlotte." My study mate Cathay greeted me. I smiled at her than waved.

I moved forward to my first class only to be stopped by the boy nerds in my school. They think they cool, just because they odd.

"Hello Darling." Lucas, the leader off they nerd group, greeted me. He has been chasing me since we met in primary school.

"Hey Lucas." I greeted with a bored tone. His boring anyway.

"I've been thinking, since it's Friday...why don't you and I go out for pizza" he spoke.

"Sorry, got plans." I said pushing through them but they only followed me.

"Come on sweet pie. You know you wanna be with me." He said smirking. His friends giggled. I stopped in my tracks than faced him.

"I wonder rather sleep with a snake than eat pizza with you." I said to him. His friends gasped. He looked at me with anger.

"Listen here Charlotte, I've had it with your No's. So am giving you a last chance and am not gonna beg. Will you g-' I cut him.

"No." I replied. He did something dramatic. He dropped to his knees and hold on to my left leg.

"PLEASE CHARLOTTE! AM BEGGING YOU! PLEASE!" He pleaded. I shook my leg away from him and smiled to everyone who was staring at us.

"Lucas..." I whispered to him. "Lucas stop. I said no and I mean no. Now leave me alone." I walked off to my class. I hate that kid.

***