Part Two: 57

4 years later

"Happy birthday to me. Happy to a son of a bitch. Happy birthday to me. FUCK ME!" Marcus screamed throwing a bottle off Hennessey to the wall. He kicked his couch. He still hasn't found Charlotte. It's been a year and all he wants is Charlotte. Charlotte, Charlotte, Charlotte.

"Charlotte" he whispered to himself. A knock on the door made him knock out his daydreams. He quickly picked up the pieces off bottle than fixed the couch. The knock got louder and louder.

"I FUCKING COMING!" He yelled. He walked to the door and opened. To see pissed off Trey. He barged in making Marcus roll his eyes.

"Why you ain't come to Angela's Surprise party yesterday. The party she made for you! You hurt you sisters feelings man. What da' fuck is the matter with you man?! I called and texted! I knocked by your thousands off times! You look ugly too! Dusty motherfucker! Look at the place! It's been a 4 years motherfucker wake up! All you do is ignore the hell out off us and search for Charlotte! Wake up!" Trey yelled pointing at Marcus. Marcus chuckled looking aside. He wasn't listening.

"I-i-i think you should go man." Marcus said walking to the kitchen. Every time he walks in the kitchen or anywhere he thinks off Charlotte.

"Hell I ain't going no where! Eww is that rotten bread?! Ma' nigga you eating that shit?!" Trey yelled cleaning up.

"No! Trey....please leave. I'm fine. Tell Angela I'll call her to apologize." Marcus said sitting down and looking at the empty sit. Charlotte loved sitting there. He misses her so much.

"Man, Marcus I love you. You ma' brother. I hate seeing you like this. If you want to see Charlotte again. Get your ass up and step outside. Look, tomorrow Me and Lisa are having a party for our up coming wedding. I want you to be there man. You the best man." Trey said patting Marcus's shoulder.

"I'll come." Marcus said making Trey smile and hug him.

"Thank you so much." Trey said.

"But did you tell Lisa about Tia and your unknown son?" Marcus asked. Trey stepped back than sighed.

"I will. Just after the wedding. Lisa is so happy and she's excited for our second child. Man, I love Lisa. I just wanna wait for the perfect time." Trey said. It's been a 4 years and he still is keeping Tia and his son a secret from her. Lisa doesn't know nothing about it.

"Alright." Marcus said looking back at the empty chair.

****

Charlotte yawned. She just finished talking to her last patient. After leaving Marcus, Charlotte went straight to school and therapy. She found it interesting so she studied for it. Now she's a therapist and she's happy. A new life and a good boyfriend. Yes a boyfriend. Charlotte didn't waste time. Yes she was broke and she still loves Marcus but she met Kelvin and they couldn't stay away from each other. So they started dating. 6 months together and it seems like they are going strong.

"Oh gosh my ass." She whined standing up and walked to her desk. She packed up than walked out her office. Said her byes to everyone. Today was a depressing day. Marcus birthday. No matter how much she wants to forget about him it was hard. She sometimes cries just thinking about him. Her heart belongs to him and only him. Kelvin she guess was a entertainment. Even though she will say yes if he asked her to marry him.

"Lord" Charlotte said shaking her head as she went in her car. She need to stop thinking about Marcus. Gosh. She drove straight home. Parked her car than went to her apartment number. She unlocked her place and went in. Kelvin wasn't back yet from his trip to Africa. She misses him. He would have helped her forget about Marcus. She walked to her bedroom and knocked out her heels.

Her phone rang and it was Lisa. She smiled answering.

"Hey baybeh!" Charlotte greeted.

"Hey love. How are you?" Lisa asked. Lisa and Charlotte kept in touch. Lisa promised to not tell Trey or Marcus where Charlotte is.

"I'm good. I miss Kelvin though." Charlotte said.

"Oh, you mean him. But I know you miss Marcus more especially since it's his birthday." Lisa said.

"Yeah, yeah whatever." Charlotte said rolling her eyes.

"Anyway I want you to tell me yes and you love me." Lisa said.

"Why?" Charlotte asked frowning.

"Okay, I want you to come back to Miami." Charlotte sighed. "I'm having a party tomorrow. I need you there Charlotte. You are my best friend, my only friend. I miss you. It's been like 6 months since we met and hugged." Lisa takes a trip to see Charlotte. She lies and says it's just for business since she owns her own salon shop. "I want you there. Char." Lisa cried. She misses Charlotte a lot and she needs her. Especially through her pregnancy.

"Lisa don't cry. Please don't" Charlotte said having her tears spill out.

"But I need you Charlotte. I seriously do. I can't do this alone. Trey keeps going off to his own business trips and Marcus well, stays home most times. I need you. Yoooooouuuu!" Lisa cried louder.

"Okay, okay. Damn Lisa. Fine. I'll come but just for 2 days." Charlotte said.

"A month."

"3 days"

"2 months."

"4 days"

"3 months and a few days cause lil trey will come out." Lisa said giggling.

"Fine 2 weeks cause I have to be back before Kelvin comes home." Charlotte said.

"Okay, pack up and book a ticket. See you tomorrow." Lisa said making Charlotte laugh. They said they bye and Charlotte sighed loudly. She stripped out her clothes than put on A gown. She need a drink. She went to her kitchen and got wine. She popped it open and poured it in her glass. Before she drank, she looked at her fingernails and said something.

"Happy Birthday Marcus."

*****